How long do these "flares" last?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by llung, May 28, 2008.

1. llung

llung New Member

Seems to me I have been in one forever.
    Bad, bad days and nights.
    Has been about 2 weeks of sheer pain.
    Is this typical?

Thank you so much for your thoughts!!!!!
  2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

for me yes, i have more bad days than good. but, then i have been dx'd with very severe fm. my suggestion is take care of yourself as much as possible...please don't push yourself, i promise the next day will be worst.

once you find a better day...take care but walk around a bit, enjoy the outdoors in a lounge chair, do a few chores...whatever you can, just don't over do.

hope this helps!

3. CarolK

CarolK New Member

Hi Lisa... well we are all different and there is no set pattern for our flares. Some are short and some are longer lasting. I am sure that each of us here on this board has experienced a broad spectrum of symptoms and their duration.

With "FM" there is no such thing as "typical".. I guess "random" would be a better way to describe the flares.

But be very aware of stresses in your life as they can really set off a flare. Take good care of you and when you feel stress coming on from life... well step back and smell the roses... relax and find that place of peace that each of us so desperately needs! For me, that place is my relationship with the Lord!

I guess what I am saying here is... learn to let go of your cares...learn to not take others and yourself so seriously and like the title of a book says...'DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF...CAUSE IT'S ALL SMALL STUFF"!

BLESSINGS.... CarolK
  4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

It seems more of my day have been bad then good for the past 2 years. I feel like I have been in a continual one since last Sept when I took a 2500 mile trip home. Yes, I went by plane, but caught a terrible cold when I got there, first cold I have had in 30 years. Then on the way home we ran into storms and the plane rocked for about 2 hours.

I was terrified to fly anyway and this was only my second flight.

It just seems to go on and on for me now.
  5. tfrisbee

tfrisbee New Member

Flares last from my understanding is different for each person depending on life style, stress, etc....I have been in a major flare since December....there are days my husband has to help me with everything,getting dressed, showering, putting my shoes on. Life every one else has said, don't do to much in one day, heat helps, hot is different for each person what works...You just have to find what works for you...

Tracy (Bee)