How long do your flares last and how often?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kytriplets, Mar 29, 2006.

1. kytriplets

kytriplets New Member

How long do your flares last and how often do they occur?
  2. zion1971

zion1971 New Member

they vary. the worst one lasted over 6 months. it took me back to the level i was on at the beginning of the illness. it took another year to pull myself back to a livable level. that flare caused me to resign from my teaching job.

now (i cannot work now) they last around a month. in a moderately bad one now.
  3. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Do you mean that sometimes the pain goes away? I was diagnosed over a year ago and my pain never goes away. I even spent 6 weeks in the hospital for chronic pain and narcotic addiction. I would love it if my pain went away for a little while!
  4. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have cfs and feel like I stay in a crash..Since cfs hit me I can't say I have had a well day, there are days better than others..I seem to be in and out of bed all the time..That is one reason I doubt my dx..

Most of the time I am 4 days down and 3 days up..This is a weekly thing. On my 3 days up I manage to do a few house hold chores, some errands etc..Then it hits first its like allergy/sinus then the flu symptoms, chills, fatigue but never a fever..of course then the depression has to surface. That seems to be my pattern no matter what I try or do..

Can anyone relate to this?
    greatgran
  5. puggymom

puggymom New Member

The worst flare was a week or two, usually I could take it east for a couple of days and be o.k. It was like this for 20 years. In January I lost my father to Body Inclusion Myosistis, and 3 weeks later I was in a flare that lated a couple of months. I still have neck and head pain, but am back at work half days for a couple of weeks before I go FT again.

(I am seeing my internist next week to make sure there is nothing else going on the my neck, love my rhuemy, but he isn't willing to send me for additional testing. I figure if nothing else it will give me peace of mind)
  6. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

is the one I am in now. I've been mostly housebound for the past 6 months. This time it is the CFIDS that is keeping me down. I am exremely exhausted with much pain and terrible malaise.

Lolalee
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

I've had fm for more than ten years now and at first i could barley walk!......................but i find that if i pace myself and do alot of stretching twice a day then the flares are farther between times!........................................Driving more than 1hour at once is also a flare trigger! but i realize that everyone is different. such a difficult illness to deal with!!! sisland
  8. babygirl44

babygirl44 New Member

HELLO
    MY HAVE GONE ON FOR TWO YEARS OFF AND ON THIS PAST YEAR 05 IT IS 24/7 GOD LUCK