HOW LONG DO YOUR FLARES LAST?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kathleen12, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I was just wondering because mine usually lasts a little over a month. I recorded the last two flares and this one started on the 2nd of August and is still going. I have been couch bound this whole time. The last one also lasted about 5-6 weeks. Is this common with CFS? I aslo have about 2-3 weeks of normalcy in between.
  2. hob

hob New Member

i find that they can last from a few days to a month
  3. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

A very long time. The last time that I had a flare it lasted about 6 weeks. I am currently doing better, but I am still not pain free. My doctor refuses to give me any narcotics right now until more test are taken and confirmed. I guess I had to many problems with some other drugs that I have been on in the past and need to take a break from them. It looks like Tylenol and Ibroprofen will be all I can use right now.

I do wish you all the best. The other advise that I can give you is that when you are having a flare relax in a Hot Bubble bath or find a friend and go to the spa for a massage if you can afford it.

God bless and take care Kathleen.

Noahvale--Kathy
  4. KMD90603

KMD90603 New Member

My CFIDS flares vary in length, but they are usually over a month long. And, they are usually either infection or stress-induced. I just ended a major flare about 3 to 4 weeks ago. It began after getting hit with a bad virus in March (fever of 101 to 103 for 5 straight days), and continued up until 3 to 4 weeks ago. It was absolutely miserable. I was running daily fevers, 99.5 to 100 degrees, constantly achy, fatigued, sore throats, swollen glands. And the doctors still remained clueless.

All of a sudden, I noticed the fevers greatly diminished. It went from daily fevers to maybe 3 or 4 days a week down to 1 day a week and then to none. However, I just started my last year of nursing school, and now I'm starting to flare. Normally, I can go anywhere from a 1 week to 1 to 2 months without a flare-up. But, once school starts it's a whole different ballpark. Not only am I under more stress, but I also get sick ALOT. Even when I'm not stressed I get sick alot, so it doesn't make it any easier.

Gentle hugs,
    Kim