How long does it take for the appeal decision to be made normally

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MssDarla, Jun 19, 2006.

1. MssDarla

MssDarla New Member

Ok I just finished filing an appeal online to SS. I have to send in some paperwork too.

How long does it take for the appeal decision to be made normally?

It took from Nov/05 to june/06 to be denied the first time.

Meanwhile I will try to find a lawyer I guess. Or should I wait for another denial first?

Thanks

MssDarla
  2. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

hi darla

I waited for my sec denial, but if you have a doc letter saying that your pain sever enough to keep you from working. and that you cant work due to thies disabilities, then i would probably go ahead and get a lawyer. Sorry im not much help. but i can tell you theres a long waiting period right now for ss hearings.

wishing you the best of luck
    with you hearing onna

ps ive been fighting to get mine for almost six yrs
    uggggggg, i just wish sometime soon, that the medical community will be able to document and see chronic pain with fibromyalgia, it still blows me away i guess that a person can suffer so much painnnnnnnnnn with this and yet they cant see it.. .............
  3. MssDarla

MssDarla New Member

I am so sorry it is taking you so long. I thought there were different steps of appeals, and it still is taking you 6 yrs.

That is unreal. What step are you at? Have you been to court yet?

All of this is so stressful, isn't it?
  4. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

***GET A Lawyer NOW**** do not wait.....
    Usually it will take 2 years. Or longer.

Lawyers take the first 5,000.00. of your back earning off the top.
    Thats just the way it goes by law.

So , you dont have to pay out of pocket except for getting your medical records which is usually $22.50. per request.

I applied lasy MAy,05, got denied that AUg 05, and got the lawyer a week after that. He told me it can take 2 years.

Sorry there is no easy fix here.
    I am still fighting long term disability as well.
    NO, money since Sept of last year. Had to get a seperat lawyer for that as well.

good luck

5. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

well like i said ive been denied twice, and have been waiting and waiting for my hearing stage b4 the alj. and yes its horrible being soo sick with such pain, and having to wait. IF ANYONE READS THIS COULD U BUMP MY MESSAGE ABOUT A ON THE RECORD DECISION, CANT SEEM TO FIGURE IT OUT..LOL REALLY WANTED TO HERE FROM MORE OF U ABOUT THIS...OH AND DARLA IT NICE TO MEET YOU....=)

THANKS SO MUCH
    LOV TO ALL
    ONNAROLL
  6. Jumpinjuice

Jumpinjuice New Member

I filed for my benefits in July 2003, I have had 2 denials and just completed my administrative hearing (with an attorney). By the time I get the decision from the judge it will be 3 years from start to finish, asumming I get approved. Hang in there and don't let them get you down !!

Shelly

P.S. I hired my attorney after the 2nd denial.