how long does it take for you to wake up?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caroleye, Dec 10, 2006.

1. caroleye

caroleye New Member

I don't know if it's all of these negative ions from the rain & cold, but when I get up, I'm totally brain dead.
    I take very few sleepers at night, so I know it's not from that.

I just sit there in a "stupor" until I finally get to my caffeine drink. That's my savor, but I'm still in a semi-awake mode for at least a few hours.

Anyone?

LIGHT***********carole

P.S. as the caffeine is just now starting to do its job, I'm thinking.............well of course, it's your brain not doing its normal job!!! "Normal"????
  2. abcanada

abcanada New Member

I was telling my doc during my last visit that I have days where I just can't wake up. Yesterday and today have been my best days in the last 6 months. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have a p/t nanny starting tomorrow to help with my kids. I cannot wait....maybe it's the adrenalin rush from being so excited! Take Care, Laura
  3. cordy250

cordy250 Member

staying asleep is tough, staying awake is tougher. all part of the disturbed sleep cycle and lack of energy for which there seems to be no escape.
  4. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

Sometimes I have days where I can hardly get to sleep, hardly stay there, then I can't seem to keep my eyes open. I'll sleep for 12 hours!

Or I'll have days where no matter what my sleep was like I'll have to lay in bed for hours before I can "Rise". Just too exhausted.

But then lately, the "Rise" never really comes. I just spare myself a little energy then get to the bathroom like once a day. I know it's not good! I drink cranberry juice to avoid UTIs, what else can I do at this point.

CFS 6 1/2 years --- 25 years old
  5. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Member

I had a bad night last night and I am still waiting to wakeup.
  6. lucysmom2

lucysmom2 New Member

The terrible grogginess I feel when I wake up is so disturbing to me. I've talked to several doctors about this and they just look at me and say "Hmmmm". One doctor said "Join the club". Obviously, they don't understand how badly I feel. I know what it's like to just not feel like getting out of bed in the morning...but this feeling is much different. It's like you don't have all your senses, have no energy at all or no desire to get out of
    bed. I also feel sick when I wake up, like trembly and unable to concentrate. I've searched the internet for the problem but have come up empty. I'm not even sure it is a symptom of fibro. But it sure is awful.
  7. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I know what you mean. It is like somebody forgot to turn on the "light switch". Then later in the evening, I start to wake up and this makes me mad, because I want to go to bed, after a day of dragging myself around.
  8. GRMonLI

GRMonLI New Member

I do not feel like I am ever really awake.

LOL LOL LOL LOL
  9. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

I'm 60 yrs old but usually up beween 7:30 & 8:30.

My problem is getting to sleep. I take my meds and try to sneak up on sleep. The min I start to feel sleepy I ease to the potty and slowly ease myself into bed.

For over 15 yrs I read myself to sleep every night.
    Then I was DX with fibro and put on meds and what a relief it was to be able to get in bed and go straight to sleep.

My meds don't work as well as at first so my doc has changed them some and it's getting better again.

My morning problem is I wake up in pain. I hold onto the walls to walk from the bedroom to the kitchen for my coffee.
    My feet feel rounded on the bottom.

I take a darvocet and I read the morn paper and work the cross word and quip-o-quip. That use to take about and hour but In recent months I've come to realized I've become so familiar with my papers crossword person that I can do it in 10 min.

I still have to wait for my pain med to kick in before I can walk with out really bad pain in my feet caused by the neuropathy and arthritis.

So I am awake but I still need more time to be up and about.
    You still do crazy things when in pain even though your wide awake.

Just so you'll know. I got up one morn. got my coffee and headed to my table and realized I had a full glass of coffee , not a cup and I put the coffee creamer in the fridge

I seem to be in a bad flare right now and am experiencing pain , fatigue and the whole mess.

Wren
    [This Message was Edited on 12/10/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 12/11/2006]
  10. kriket

kriket New Member

It takes me awhile to wake up. I don't like to socialize with anyone until I am fully awake!!!

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 12/10/2006]
  11. Suzan

Suzan New Member

When I am flaring...I can take HOURS to feel good enough to shower and dress, and after doing that ..I am worn out all over again! I don't take any thing to help me sleep, so there is not a drug reaction from that going on, the only med I take is for pain, and of course some vitamins..and my BP meds. None of those should be causing these fatigue issues, and I am just assuming it is the illness!

I think that many of us have a tougher go of it in the morning than any other time of day. I do my best to keep my mornings free so that I can just take the time I need to get going. You may want to try moving around more though, I do find that on mornings where I HAVE to get moving, I do manage to do it..and often feel better quicker!