How long does it take to recover from this junk that I have had

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Jan 3, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

My daughter was ill witha bad cold on christmas eve, she came to visit for a day on a thursaday I have been losing days with having high fevers, But of Wed. of this past week I took mom to the doctor who told me to see my own doctor,I did and what he had to say was not good, as I have asthma and COPD I am really prone to phemuonina and the doctor told me that if I didn't watch this I would have the phemumonia and it would be bad, I think that when I started to cough up a rusty mucus that the pheunmonia had won and I had lost the battle. I didn't know that you can cough up so many different colors of mucus or cough so hard that it feels like your coughing your lungs up.

Yes i have been given a antibitoic but I had coughed so hard that it comes back up so I am still trying to get it to stay down so it will help me,I hae a low body temp of 95.6 andit did get up to 103 so I was really confused as to how High my temp got to be. I would call the doctor and he would ask how high my temp is and I told him that normally is very low and now by mouth it is 103. So I am really confused as to how high it really got> I can't figure it out as to how to calulate what it was.

I have been usuing my asthma in haler but it makes my heart just run and go fast . And the doc was concerned about that too.. I have spent so many nightw thinking that my fever was breaking as I was sweating and would soak my pillow.And nightgown, I had no energy and felt so weak and have had no appitite at all but I have tried to eat soup and broth but it is so hard when you aren't hungery at all.

I don't ever rememeber being this till since I was in myearly 20's when I had antibotic induced colitis. And was putin the hosptial and went in weighing 145 and came out 4 days later weiging 118 , and it took me so long to get the idea of eating agian.

I astill hurt to breathe and my head has ached so badly with this junk, I still feel like I have been beaten up with a base ball bat. And I don't cough for hours than suddenly I have a coughing fit that will last for up to 20 minutes and leave me gasping for air so I will use my inhaler and it seems to make it worse or I have the feeling that I can't breathe. I don't know what is going on with me. I am so weak from this and my chest hurts to breathe and to touch must be the chosochronditis too. And even some pleusry too who knows.

All I know that I have been one sick person and my husband has had this too so we have not been to gether he hides in his room and I would sleep for hours when I could and them all of a sudden I was wide a wake but felt so tired that moveing was a no no.
    It has been a week today since I saw my doc. And I really don'feel much better than I did that day. He did say tht the cough would get worse before it would ge better.

So as I leave you feeling like I have been hit by a mack truck along with some other big rigs, I still feel so weak that walking to the bathroom is a workout. I hope that you don't get this stuff that I have still going on. I may be getting better but I am far from better. I can feel each breath that i take sometimes I can hear my self breathe and I don't know if what I am hearing is from my throat of my lungs as I can feel a wheese and rattle in my upper cheast it rattles too and at the end of the breath there is a long slow wheeze that will whistle and crakle, So I don't know what it is i have but don't get it, it is really nasty.
    HOpe that you all are feeling well and have had a happy new year May god bless you all for the support you always give to me.
    Rosemarie
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

Get to the doctor.......sounds bad.......could be several problems and a overlap of another problem.
    Do you smoke?
    Get it taken care of ASAP.....or complications can sit in..........
    Wishing you the Best...
  3. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

I didn't have it quite that bad, but it was about 3 weeks.

Be sure to use a humidifier~that seemed to knock it out the best in the end. We put a ton of humidity in the air- we used one in the bedroom at night, fired up the jacuzzi tub a few times during the day, boiled pots of water, anything to get it up, and it helped A LOT.

Also, we got some of those Shower Soothers that give off the eucaplyptus scent in the shower and stood there and did that. It was sort of like doing a spa treatment, and they are found at the drug store. Pretty cheap, too.

Hope you feel better soon!!