How Long does it take you to recover from an intense pain episode

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovethesun, Sep 30, 2005.

1. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

About 1 1/2 hrs before my pain pill is due.my back pains start getting stronger start .By the time it is 1/2 hr before my pill ,I cannot connect 2 thoughts together and am burning all over.I usually just lie flat and try to get through it.After the pill,it takes 1'2 hr for th epain and fogginess to go away and another 1hr till the shakiness and burning go completely away.

I don't ask the doctor for more because I already take the max of Lortab and Neurontin.I need to save for when I cannot control it any more Just Wondering!
  2. lisadot

lisadot New Member

How much Neurontin are you on? A lot of my patients come from outside our practive, and say they are the max dose, but they really aren't. I'm so sorry to read about your pain, it sounds just awful. Do you have a herniated disk? Do you need epidural blocks, or is this due to the fibro?

lisadot
  3. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I have a compressed disc in my thoracic and neck area but they say that they are not pressing on nerves.how does your pain go?
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

In no way do I want to interfere with what your Doctor thinks is best for you, but perhaps it is time for a new approach.
    There are other types of pain meds and other approaches to pain relief. Noone should have to suffer in the way that you describe.

Talk to your Doctor.

Kathy.
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I'm going to mention it to my doctor next week when I go.I guess I'm fighting it because I'm afraid if I use the heavy stuff too soon that I wont have anything for later in life.My husband says that I wait too long too.
  6. rigby

rigby New Member

Sometimes when I hurt so bad I can hardly walk I go see my doctor and he gives me a shot to help decrease the pain along with my meds. They will usually just let me come in for a shot. When this is bad I go in weekly for as long as a month.
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It sounds like a possibilty.I might mention that to the doctor.
  8. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I'lltalk to my doctor next week when I have an appointment.Thanks for all the support everybody.Linda