how long does your flare last

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by clerty, Apr 30, 2007.

1. clerty

clerty New Member

I am suffering today as I did not rest when I came out of hospital I feel so sick and sore I am so mad at myself
    I took a stillnox last night and It has made me sick this morning!!!

Clerty
  2. clerty

clerty New Member

Prickles how are you today?
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Clerty,

I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly. I know, iit's horrible when a person can't sleep and is also in pain.

My flares are mostly ME, right now, and are
    usually triggered by activity. If I go to an evening event, like dinner at a friend's house, then I'm flaring for about 3 days, during which I need to do almost nothing but rest.

If I do two things in succession, like attend a lecture on friday evening and a seminar on Saturday, I'm really totaly exhausted for about 3 weeks. I can't even make a retreat of that length. I can only attend one day.

I'm tryiing to get so I can make a weekend retreat, but so far, no go.

I also find that having workmen on the property, such as yard work people, is totally exhausting. People have been doing spring yard cleanup for the past few days (I live in the mountains), and they're finally finished. Today I have a note on the door, requesting that no one knock. I seem to find relating to people and making decisions very hard - totallly exhausting.

I'm not taking any meds, because of allergies - just herbs and supplements. I managed to get 5 hours sleep last night. Hooray!

I don't know if what I've said has helped, but it did help me - so, thanks.

Peace,
    Terry

[This Message was Edited on 05/01/2007]
  4. sweed07

sweed07 New Member

Certy,
    I'm sorry you are having to go through so much pain. I have been in a flare now for about two weeks! My FM,Arthritis, CFS, and the Asthma have all been at it. Had to go to the doctor for other meds to try to get a handle on this. I have three days left on the meds, but I am still hurting so bad and not sleeping that I don't know what to do. Hate to keep taking the prednizone.
    Anyway, I do hope you get to feeling better soon. Take it easy and don't over do.
  5. clerty

clerty New Member

for the replies Prickles not feeling the best either lol!!!

Clertyx