?? How long does your "PERIOD" last for????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by texasratgirl, Jan 29, 2006.

1. texasratgirl

texasratgirl New Member

Was just wondering how long does your "period" normally last for???

And is it very light, lite, heavy or very heavy???

I am asking because, I want to compare mine.
    Me, usually a day, two max. And extremly lite.
    Trying to figure how normal this is???

Trying to get pregnant, no luck last month or the month prior, going to try again the next few days.

Thanks for sharing.

TRG
  2. texasratgirl

texasratgirl New Member

thanks for your reply.

Mine use to be very heavy and painful, about 5-6 days.

I am going to check out the web site now.
  3. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

I can't find the web-site you've mentioned. Looking for my DIL....
    *TRG Mine are crazy right now, a few days light , two heavy,two more light...makes seven days......sigh.....
    used to be five days!
  4. texasratgirl

texasratgirl New Member

I had trouble finding the website elliespad mentioned.

Then realized that she spelled out the whole website.

Try this Infertilityworkshop.com

it should get you there.

Thanks for your reply too.

A little suprised more haven't replied.
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Used to have nary a PMS symptom to tip me it was coming, until I got very regular in my later teens. Still am super regular too, it's about the only thing the same though, well except the clotting, that can be heavy as it ever was.

As I got into my 20's (and developing FM w/out knowing), I develped severe PMS, starting over 2 wks before sometimes, esp. the boobometer. Periods also got super painful. Very light most of the time. I'm 38, but no signs of perimenopause. I keep being concerned about it, because of such light periods and my motehr started menopause early, but they've been this way ever since I've been really sick. Shorter too. A gynocologist said it was just stress related. I do notice when I'm feeling better, my periods get heavier. Also, when my rampan t yeast problem is controlled, the pain is much less.

I have a theory that very light periods mean lower fertility. Could be someone prove me totally wrong, but since our period is the mthly shedding of the womb that would hve been nourishing a baby, I gather that if the period is light, then the nourishment was light too, lowereing fertility chances. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

jeanne
  6. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I hate my period..And my PMS is probably worse..

I start out heavy for a couple of days.. then it gets lighter..then it stops for a day or so.. then it starts again for the gross end crap.

Just a thought..I was reading in my yeast connection were you can have a hard time getting pg if you have a yeast problem..

Which makes since to me..I got pg with my son ( he was a surpise) and then when I was trying to get pg it took for ever..Like a year and half. Then I had a miscarrage. Then a few months later I got pg with my daughter.. But when I did get pg I got a terrible sinus infection and then was put on Abx..then got a terrible vaginal yeast infection..With both the miscarrage and with my daughter...I was so sick..and the sickness never went away..I'm still sick. That was 6 years ago.

When I was pg with my daughter I craved sweets soooo bad..I was sick the whole time I was pg with her..It was awful...And seriously...It never went away. Of course it is a little better I am not throwing up all the time like I was then..But when I started going to the dr. for this fm stuff..I kept saying I feel like I am pg..

So maybe..just a possibility...watch you sugar..maybe start a probiotic.

Good luck to you..I remember all to well what it was like when I was tring to get pregnant. Don't try to hard..It is very mind tolling. And of course keep us posted if there is some good news to share!!

Take Care.
    SherylD