How long has a fibro flare last?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Charleen, May 2, 2006.

1. Charleen

Charleen New Member

Am in a real bad fibro flare now. It has been going on for over a week now. The Myofacial Pain is in an uproar. Can anyone tell me how long is the longest that yours has lasted.
  2. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

your not going to like my reply much.

my longest ever flare lasted about 3 years.. BUT i had two young kids and was trying to be super mum. i cleaned the house from top to bottom and i honestly never stopped to sit unless it was meal time.

i would work and work then be physically sick for a week then work and work plus for a time before i got hit hard i had a driving job too.

in the end it was all just too much and i crashed out big time. i am glad though as it really taught me a lesson and has helped me to pace through the day so i can get through my weeks.

now i just have a really bad afternoon if i have gone bananas in the morning, that sort of thing. i am ok if i dont over do it.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/02/2006]
  3. place

place New Member

But I think it is becuase I just stopped moving becuase I thought the pain was telling me that I needed to rest it. Once got PT for it, it stopped hurthing
  4. CoralFlower

CoralFlower New Member

I've had them last for months, then some for a week or a few weeks - you never know...

CoralFlower