How long has everyone had....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by missymiss, Feb 27, 2003.

1. missymiss

missymiss New Member

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing ok. I realise I haven't posted a message on here for a while now! I seem to be doing much better than I was last week, which is good news. I am interested to know, how long have people had M.E. for on here?
    Thanks everyone take care
    *Missymiss*
  2. JP

JP New Member

What does M.E. stand for?

thanks...jan
  3. missymiss

missymiss New Member

Myalgic Encephalomeyelitis

Otherwise known as CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
  4. JP

JP New Member

I am fairly new to some of this...got a dx of FMS in July of 02...feel like I have had it for many years however.

Take care, Jan
  5. patchwork

patchwork New Member

I've had it for 24 years - since 79! But I have gradually improved over the years. Had it Severely for about 12 years.....By the way are you English missymiss?
    [This Message was Edited on 02/28/2003]
  6. mastersinger

mastersinger New Member

I have not heard it called what you called it-intereting. I started with a horrible flu in 1974-mostly ached like crazy,weak,tired-exhausted, foggy,was in bed for a year, gradually started doing little activity-FM was there but has gotten worse in last few years.
  7. mastersinger

mastersinger New Member

I have not heard it called what you called it-intereting. I started with a horrible flu in 1974-mostly ached like crazy,weak,tired-exhausted, foggy,was in bed for a year, gradually started doing little activity-FM was there but has gotten worse in last few years.
  8. missymiss

missymiss New Member

Yes I am English.. why do you ask?
  9. nct

nct New Member

I think for about a year.
    I got mono/EBV August of 2001. The crux of that lasted nearly a year. I still have the fatigue, the fog,
    the aches, etc.

Nancy
  10. layinglow

layinglow New Member

I have had ME (CFS) for 10 months in conjunction with Fibro.
    It was a sudden occurance, after being healthy for 44 years of life. My life has changed 360 degrees.
    LL
  11. dmhaver

dmhaver New Member

i believe i have had it for four yrs this june. i was unfortunately just diagnosed two weeks ago.
  12. motg

motg New Member

I have had it for 14 years started with mono went down hill from their
    Barb
  13. gardengrow

gardengrow New Member

I've had CFS for almost three years. I think it may even be longer than that though since I had many of the same symptoms when I was going through allergy shots about 10 years ago. Needless to say I only lasted on the shots for six months and the symptoms all slowly went away.

Take care,

gardengrow
  14. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

When I had a very bad case of mononucleosis and hepatitus, and had to drop out of school for a semester..I fainted, and was put in the infirmary, and they would not allow me to leave because of continuing high fever..So, my parents came to pick me up and I began my odyssey trying to get over a real bad case of mono...But, I did not stop going for at least l2 more years, when I think Phases II_III occurred in l983-4 when I sought medical care for the yeast syndrome and went to the guy that wrote The MIssing Diagnosis: Dr. Orian Truss and also went to the guy who wrote The Yeast Syndrome: (can't remember his name)but he diagnosed me with the CFS around l986-7..I tried a lot of different therapies in those early years of DDs, which hardly made much of a dent in my DD. I think that they were throwing everything at us with no real basis..so with the advice of a doc (who had a lot more integrity) who said to wait for a nationally recognized cure, I have been hibernating and pursuing my interests in horticulture...So, I guess my illness started 30 years ago, but I have known since l987 what it is..about l6 years.. LOL, AMELIA
  15. cupimick

cupimick Member

Hi Missymiss,

mine (ME) started 2 years ago this month, it started with the flu and I never really recovered, its been 2 years of painful hell. What I would give to have a day w/o this awful pain!!!

Take Care,

Deanna
  16. nogilroy

nogilroy New Member

i got dx for fm in 1994 but think i had it longer also took 2 years to find out what i had
  17. tsj62301

tsj62301 New Member

but knowing all of the symptoms can look back and realize some from childhood.
  18. Mom2Two

Mom2Two New Member

I started with flu like symptoms and aches and low grade fevers in 1996. I was diagnosed with CFS then. All the symptoms came back, but were 100x worse in September 2002. I was dianosed with FM in January of 2003. Still reeling...