How long has everyone waited for LTD?..Guardian anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foggygirl, Mar 25, 2006.

1. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

How long should I expect to have to wait for my self-paid LTD to pay me? Can they leagally keep stahling me?

Anyone have any experience with Guardian?

Help.

Foggygirl
    [This Message was Edited on 03/26/2006]
  2. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

bumping for info...
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Bumping as I don't know what it means.

Love Anne C
  4. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi foggy-- i am not familiar w/ guardian, but have had the ROYAL SHAFT from another company. They should be required to answer your questions about the length of time and what is the hold up by phone, HOWEVER---- Be very careful what you say on the phone, try to record all conversationsa, and KNOW that they are recording, and anything you say can and WILL be held against you. <P> How long have you been waiting? Have your doctors sent in all records? it's a really good idea to have ALL of your medical info yourself (copies) and to see how much support your docs are actually willing to provide for you, that is often the hold up, and if you are dealing with a company like mine, PLEASE have all of your info yourself. <P> Trust NO ONE but yourself to get this info to them, if you don't have all delivery conf. signatures and numbers, including fax confirmations, many companies will deny receiving this info and can actually deny you on the basis that they didn't receive info in a timely fashion. <P> I truly hope that your company is honest and decent (what can you expect w/ a name like guardian?) but please beware MOST aren't and will do ANYTHING to keep your money that you are entitled to. Also, be careful what you sign, get copies of your actual contract with them and BE CAREFUL!!!!! Please contact me on here anytime for more info--I have played this game of theirs (different company) for many years and might be able to help. Good luck--L
  5. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

Sorry I haven't responded sooner--I've been dealing with that D*** insurance company, and the stress puts me into a crash.

Guardian is NOT honest and decent--a wolf in sheeps clothing, the name is deceptive. They are pulling all sorts of stuff.

Question: How do you get a fax confirmation? I've faxed them stuff(just as you predicted) and they claim the didn't get them.

Thanks,

Foggygirl