HOW LONG TO GET SCRIPT FROM FFC COMPOUND PHARMACY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LEFTYGG, Dec 19, 2005.

1. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

I WAS AT FFC ATLANTA DEC 5 AND STILL HAVENT RECIEVED MY NYSTAIN. IS THIS TYPICAL? IM LEAVING TOMORROW FOR A WEEK WITH THIS NEGATIVE TALK ON FFC IM WORRIED.I HAVE HAD MORE ENERGY NO LESS PAIN AND IM HOPEFUL THAT WILL COME THX GAIL
  2. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Mine usually comes in a few days. I would sure call the FFC and see if something happened.

Sandy
  3. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

I go to the FFC in Seattle. Are you sure that the Nystatin will be coming from the compounding pharmacy? I use nystatin and buy it at the regular pharmacy. The only compounded meds I've used are thyroid and other hormones. You may first want to make sure that your nystatin is supposed to come from them, which would surprise me.

What I do get from the compounding pharmacy usually arrives within 3-4 business days. If you are to receive the nystatin from them, I suggest that you call the pharmacy and make sure that they have received the RX from FCC and have sent it to you. If sent, ask them what date it was sent.

Nystatin can be purchased at almost any pharmacy. If you need it ASAP, you could have the FFC fax your RX to one near where you will be for this week.

Good luck,
    Hopeful4

4. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Gail,

The Nystatin that Dr. B prescribed for me came from ITC. You should've received it by now. Call Rebecca tomorrow and ask her if it was sent in. If she says yes, ask her to call ITC to check to make sure they received it.

When I've taken Nystatin before, it was always prescribed by a doctor that I got at a regular pharmacy. If they haven't called it in, maybe they could call in to a regular pharmacy for you.

Good Luck,
    Sheila
  5. MrHappyGoLucky12

MrHappyGoLucky12 New Member

Sheila,

May I ask why you had your Nystatin ordered from ITC? Did you need it compounded because you are allergic to a filler in the commercial product or something?

MrHappyGoLucky12
  6. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

At the time, I did not know the Nystatin was being sent to the compounding pharmacy.

Sheila
  7. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

i just called ffc atlanta and they said theyd fax it again. i said i was told i could get it at my pharmacy she said they didnt recommend that cause they tested them and they werent accurate. so i said then just send it.

did you all get yours atITC or are you even taking it?
    its for yeast right? I HAVE NO PAtience and cant think half the time so thx for help you guys are the best. love gail
  8. Juloo

Juloo Member

It didn't take that long for me -- mine came pretty quickly. I live in Florida, and the ITC pharmacy contacted my home before I'd had time to drive back from Atlanta!

Is the potency of the compounded Nystatin different? Higher than generally available?

I had my second bottle ordered and delivered without any problems as well. Perhaps the holiday mail has sidelined your order?

I would DEFINITELY call either the pharmacy or the FFC.
  9. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Mine takes about 3 days. I also get cortisol and thyroid from them. I think the ingreadiants are fresh and no presevastives. You can call in refills 24 hours per day and they send it right out. Take Care Lynn