how long to get Western Blot Lyme test back?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Kimba4318, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

i was wondering if anyone knew the average time it takes to get results back from a Western Blot (Lyme) test... What is your experience. Had blood drawn yesterday morning - so anxious to start any kind of treatment. Hugs - Kim
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

that's also why docs should treat based on clinical picture - why delay!

My son's doc had him starting abx immediately based on symptoms, didn't wait for test, as we know it is not 100% accurate!

If your doc won't, perhaps try the Salt & C protocol or the herbal approach (there's a book about that, find it at Amazon, can't remember name).

all the best,
    Victoria
  3. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

oh my... the lab tech said a few days... that is a big difference. I feel like my health is failing fast - these pains are so scary.. I have never felt anything like this before and I am so "out of it"... Each part of my body is taking turns getting "crushed and stabbed" I am wondering if I need the ER at this point or if they will just drug me up and send me home?
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

look at posts on CF/FM board for what helps with pain for FM, I believe the doc offered same to my son but he refused--your doc might be willing to RX it for you no matter what the outcome of your test/s are. Also look in the library here under CF/FM for articles on FM and pain.

While my son does get into a lot of pain at times, he really does not want to take any drug he doesn't absolutely have to (due to paradoxical reactions in past)... that is his decision.

hope you get some help!
    Victoria

5. jarjar

jarjar New Member

For Igenex I thought they said allow 10 business days roughly. Best of my memory anyway. I don't remember having to wait 4 weeks.
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

but we did, so did someone else I know... maybe it has something to do with the fact we're on the east coast, lol...
    V