How long was your 1st or 2nd treatment of Lyme..

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Kimba4318, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Just curious, Mine was 2 weeks both times with Doxy(supposidly reinfected)

I hurt all of the time - losing memory and cannot spell worth a darn anymore, used to be my strength.

Diagnosed with FM ... cannot help but think I still have Lyme...
    Hugs
    Kim

2. bct

bct Active Member

How much Doxy? 2 weeks seems inadequate to me, but I'm just a beginner at this.

IF I remember, the dosage for Doxy should be 200 mgs twice a day. Also a "cyst-buster" like Flagyl seems to be used in conjunction with abx.

I'm sure you will get a more definitive reply from one of our better-informed members.

Best wishes,
    Barry
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

If you read jarjar's post about the 'good news for Lyme' you'll see that is basically the standard approach the IDSA is promoting. But the LLMDs and the patients' organizations like ilads.org say that doesnt work...

One good reason is because Lyme takes 28 days to replicate... add to that the fact that it apparently can immediately change form (pleomorphism) to go intracellularly, even into your white blood cells, and forms cysts to protect immature spirochetes...

and the longer one has it, the deeper it can go into the body. It has been found in the brain, the spinal fluid, etc..

And of course there are different varieties of Lyme, over 100 in US, over 300 worldwide, that are known. Different abx work differently on the different strains... so it seems like it can sometimes be a hunt for the right abx.

So 2 weeks doesn't even cover one replication cycle of Lyme spirochete. This is well known, not a mystery or disputed, & is one reason why I cannot understand the IDSA saying what they do.

all the best,
    Victoria
  4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Barry & Victoria - this is why apparently I am having trouble getting treated. My docs beleive the 2 week theory. Everything I have researched says, like you do, it is not enough.

Not sure where to go from here - just a strong gut feeling or plain common sense I guess.

Even infectious disease says.. this is an appropriate treatment. ughhhh.

I'll keep searching.
    Thank you
    HUgs
    Kim