How long?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ktpar, Dec 6, 2006.

1. ktpar

ktpar New Member

How long do I have to wait on a SSDI hearing? I applied June '06. Please let me know how long you all had to wait. Applied in Colorado.
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

I got sick Dec 02. I finally figured out I wasn't getting better July 03 and filed. I just had my hearing this year in march after getting denied twice. This was in Georgia.

have a nice xmas!

karen
  3. ktpar

ktpar New Member

Did you win your Appeal? Did you hire a lawyer? Thanks for your quick response.
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

After my second denial I hired a lawyer and got my hearing date about 6 months latter.

I first applied in October 2003 .Took about 3 months for my first denial.I field my appeal right away got denied 6 months latter.

I did win my case on FM and got a bench approval .That means the judge right in front of me approved my disability.

Good luck
    Sue
  5. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

I also was denied twice, got a lawyer and waited almost a yr,then they said it was going to be another yr, because of the lack of judges doing thies cases.

anyway I was very upset!! at this point, so I asked my attorney if there was anything else we could do in my case to speed this up and he mentioned doing a on the record decision, boy was i relieved not only did i win my case, but i didnt have to go to the hearing either.

dont give up! best of luck roll
  6. Catseye

Catseye Member

I really did my homework and had a smart attorney. She told me how important it was to review the SS's definition of your illness and all the symptoms you have, you tell your doctor and make sure he documents them in his records. So everything you say you have as a problem is defined by SS AND backed up by your doctor as a complaint. I couldn't get an attorney to help me until I had been turned down.

And when it was time for my hearing, she knew what judges would be more likely to give me a favorable ruling, based on past history of other people's cases. There was one judge she said we had to avoid at all costs because he didn't like cfs! So I won and now I don't have to worry about anything until 2008. That's nice!

happy xmas

karen
  7. charlenef

charlenef New Member

still waiting ny charlene