How low is too low for Blood pressure? What is yours?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marilynb, Jul 3, 2006.

1. marilynb

marilynb New Member

My blood pressure has always been low, usually 90/60.

I have been feeling really tired & sleepy lately & my blood pressure has been 85/56. I was just wondering if anyone else experiences this.

I know we tend to have lower BP, but was just wondering how low is too low. Should this be a concern?

Thanks,
    Marilyn

2. findmind

findmind New Member

DOUBLE-DITTO to everything that smart wakemeup said!!!!

Salt...pretzels

Fluids...water and/or electrolyte drinks.

IVs and meds if is consistently low!

No wonder you feel so bad!!

findmind

3. marilynb

marilynb New Member

I just checked it again & kept getting errors. I finally got a reading of 93/57. I will keep an eye on it. If it keeps dropping, I will call me regular Dr.

I have my first appt at the ffc on Thursday. Is that something they look at? I haven't decided if I am going or not.

Does anyone else have very low BP?

Thanks,
    Marilyn
  4. marilynb

marilynb New Member

You must have been replying at the same time as my last post.

I think I will go get some salty nuts out of my pantry & drink another bottle of water. I do drink a LOT of water every day. Sometimes I wonder if I drink too much.

Maybe I am drinking too much water it is washing out my electolytes??

Thanks again,
    Marilyn
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

For what good it does you now, there is a water on the market with electrolytes in it. I tried it and all it did was deplete my wallet but you might find it helpful over time.

The FCC clinic should be on top of BP.

While you're here you might want to look in the library at Cheney's article called The Heart of the Matter.

Marta
    [This Message was Edited on 07/03/2006]
  6. victoria

victoria New Member

salt can help raise low BP a lot - I used to get dizzy standing up, I've always had low BP anyway, but when I added salt, and then more salt, it made a difference.

But also, my son's only abnormal clinical signs was a low BP and low pulse (50) at 16, besides loss of 10 lbs., and he's not an athlete... all regular blood tests showed up as normal. But he ended up with a definite positive on his Lyme test according to CDC standards.

Good luck at the FFC!
    Victoria

7. ncats

ncats New Member

ME Too!
    I run 90 over 60. If I am sitting quitly and take it,
    it has been as low as 84 over 54.
    I also get alot of ERROR. I thought maybe the machine
    was broke so I took my husbands and his was normal.

I drink 1/4 tea. sea salt 3x a day. I does help.

I also take potassium.
    I passed out about 10 yrs ago in the health food store
    from low blood pressure, they called the ambulance and I spent 5 days in hospital.

Ncats
  8. angellwolffe

angellwolffe New Member

mine to is really low. i used to get dizzy alot before they started me on meds for my fm. Some of the meds like nortriptalyne and effexor pushed it way up. but once when i was really sick they let me out of the hospital with my bp 64 over 26 i thought this was bad. the nurse said it would come up over the next couple days i just had to keep walking and moving around. Recently my latest gp did tests and found out i've lost 17 percent of my blood somewhere.
    Normally its low, even back in high school they would make me get up real fast to take it. Its always been real low.

Angell
  9. day2day

day2day Member

I am usually between 90/60 or a little lower. It seems when I am in intense pain it will go up.

I do blackout occassionally to the point of almost fainting, and have been plagued with dizzy spells for years now.

I was told bannanas are good for electrolytes, because of the potassium, but I have not really noticed a difference either way.

Hope you feel better soon
  10. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Since I have low blood pressure, I bought some sea salt. I have been taking it very conservatively.

While it says that it contains trace elements, I think it is mostly sodium salt. Blood contains others salts such as potassium and magnesium. I am afraid that by taking just sodium salt, I will get my electrolytes out of balance.

More recently, I bought some potassium salt (salt substitute). I mix it with my table salt some for cooking. I mix it with the sea salt for my 'salt fix'.

Does anyone know what ratio of potassium salt to sodium we should use? I also take an elemental magnesium supplement (as amino acid chelate). Does anyone know if the body can convert this to magnesium salt, if needed. What other kinds of salts do we need?