How many anti-depressants you tried.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shazzy, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Hi Everyone.

How many anti-deppressants have you tried in how many years?

I been on 6 differeant kinds in 5 yrs without a break. I am told that to keep changing is not good as you become immuned to them. Do you think this is true?

Has anyone ever tried being without them for this illness.

Also what one has worked best for you?

Dothipin has always been good for me until i get a viris and relapse, then they change it again.

shazzy
  2. woppini

woppini New Member

I think I have been on a total of 4 if i can remember. The hardest part for me is going thru the side affects
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

It took many years but finally I developed a rare side effect; had that side effect for atleast 8 years. Thought first I had FMS; then it was Parkinson's and from there, it was figured out I had a rare side effect from SSRI's et al. called TARDIVES DYSKINESIA or something close to it.

I have, aside from the FMS, Dystonia, yada-yada, I'm sure you know the rest; well I went shortly after 92', I was in my 40's and anxious to work again as a musician and found my voice not holding up. Went on a round of steroids that set off a reaction of autoammune disease right and left!

Today, 6-7 years later, on SSI after a 6-7 year fight, I feel like hell! As for meds, the psychiatrist insists I take 40mg Celexa to treat an early onset depression and we throw tricylids and a little (ha) xanax at everything from panic disorder w/agorrophobia, PTSD and I'm six or so months into withdrawal of the Pred. that began moons ago. I'm down to 2=1/2 but I am really "blossoming" in the process. My story is not unique.

BUT...of late I get majorly drowsy, to the point of falling alseep in traffic! Why? CactusLil'
  4. prsonlfailur

prsonlfailur New Member

zoloft and paxil make me batty (wild mood swings. i'd be on top of the world one minutes, suicidal the next.) i'm trying wellbutrin now.

5. yayapriestess

yayapriestess New Member

When I first found a Rheumy to diagnos me, after being sick for yrs and getting no support from PCP,he tried me on at least 6 or 7 different antidepressants, finally ended up on Zoloft, then back to Prozac, that was 1995. In 1999 I had a major depressive and anxiety attack and was changed to Effexor SR and have been on it since. I think it may be time for a change and when my Medicare starts I will look into it.
    If I miss a dose I become a "weeping willow" and I don't think it does a thing for the pain.
    I am pretty willing to try anything except tricyclics, because I balloon with them.
    Yaya