HOW MANY ARE AWARDED S.S.D. ON "FIBROMYALGIA" DIAGNOSIS ALONE?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HOUSEOFBLUES, Nov 11, 2002.

1. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

Just curious......
    LOVE,
    HOUSEOFBLUES
  2. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

Just curious......
    LOVE,
    HOUSEOFBLUES
  3. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

Count me out! FM is my only problem, and apparently not enough of one for SSD to apply my benefits. It kills me to know that some people out there are receiving benefits, while others like me, are denied. It really puts the fire in my pants! I am going to EMail all my congressman and senators and governor and anybody else who will listen and give them a piece of my mind. I may not write as eloquently as some, but they'll get the picture.

I am planning my appeal within the 60 days. I'll keep praying!

Hugs, Lisa
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

...on who you ask. My lawyer says I got it on FMS alone, but the official decision says it was for FMS and dysthymia.
    Klutzo
  5. montana

montana New Member

I have been diagnosed with: FMS/MPS COMPLEX/ CFS/IBD/DEPRESSION/CRONIC PAIN/MS/BELL'S PLUZY

I applied for SSDI 3/98, been denied every step so far. My hearing was 7/99, which i was denied again, and my appeal will be heard in the next two weeks in VA. I wrote everyone from my local newspaper to the president of the USA and nothing helped. It will be 5 years by the time they get back to me on the appeal and my attorney says I will lose and hopes I get another hearing before another judge with-in a year or so.

The USA has paid for FMS research since 1989, adopted the World Health Org.(WHO) description in 1992 and is the only country in the WORLD that continually denies SSDI benefits to their citizens. Every other country in the world who adopted the WHO's description cover's their citizens with health coverage, monthly benefits etc.

GOOD LUCK SOME PEOPLE GET IT ON THEIR FIRST TRY.

MONTANA
  6. KellynZ

KellynZ New Member

Hi
    I have a "tag along" question - has everyone who has been awarded disability on FMS diagnosis alone had to retain a lawyer? I really don't know what the procedure is - have just recently been diagnosed with fm, but have had dd for years - currently very exhausted and seeking info on disability because it is too hard to keep going through every day stuff -
    - I hope this isn't a dumb question - I am pretty new here -
    thanks for the info

Kellyn
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

I have a few illnesses and still had to fight for mine.FM,Scoliosis,herniated disks,cervical spondylosis(neck aches,headaches)and Endometriosis.However I want to say that after I appealed and got myself a legal aid rep. to help me with my case.She said we needed to prove that I could'nt do the job requirements of my current position.(which was retail management and childcare)ex:lifting boxes,lifting children,bending to stock shelves,being on my feet 6-8hrs a day,etc...So if it helps in your own situation you need to say why your unable to work at your current job.And if your on any meds.let them know if your meds make you sleepy,groggy or dizzy,nauseated, etc..That counts too.
    I wish everyone who really feels they can no longer work- the strenght to fight for what is right.(I remember when I was fighting a denial to get my SSDI,I knew of a couple people personally who got it on the first try for alchoholism!!!believe me I hold no grudges but come-on!I was being denied for physical ailments,yet if I were a heavy drinker-I"d get it???makes no sense to me.)
    Good luck everyone!
    Warm regards,
    Tracey
  8. paula45

paula45 New Member

I got SSD before my fibro diagnosis. There were several factors, but the symptoms of IBS (chronic abdominal pain, diarrhea, etc) seemed to be integral in the idiot judges decision that I couldn't work. You need to really emphasize tangible symptoms that they can relate to not being able to work. I don't know exactly how to go about it from a fibro. point of view. I was also dealing with very severe depression at the time. Hope this helps a little.

Paula
  9. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

FOR MORE INFO........

H.O.B.
  10. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

(I don't have fibro).AMY