How Many Are Bothered With Sinus Issues?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Aug 23, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have gone round and round with this darn topic ever since CFS/FM ..Am I the only one that is plagued with related sinus, ear , off balance problems ? It seems to come and go along with flares or crashes.. Then I began to wonder if I have a 9 yr sinus infection instead of CFS/FM or is al this a part of CFS.

I do have the sinus type headahces, front of head, ear, nose congestion, my anxiety is terrible, ears ringing, and body aches to the bone. I have no colored mucus, no fever. Been to many docs and no answers.. Waiting for results from my hair analysis..

God Bless and thanks,
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

ME ME ME!
    This is really annoying. ALWAYS have a sinus issue

Have tried the non wheat, non dairy - doesn't seem to work

Always popping excedrin and motrin

When I am NOT having the sinus issues, I am not as achey
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I have had sinus issues for the past 19 years. The first infection was bacterial, after that it has been a combination of viruses, nerve damage, and allergies. I just expect to have sinus issues for the rest of my life. I've learned to live with them; no use getting upset about it because there is nothing that anyone can do about it.

I've been to six different ENTs, had six CT scans and have learned through it all that I have almost "perfect" sinuses. There is nothing structurally wrong with them - there is no sign of any infections or fungus, and no polyps.

Unfortunately, sometimes we have medical issues that have no explanation and are something that we have to learn to live with.
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

My sinuses are my Achilles heel too. Whenever I get sick, my sinuses are involved. I have made some improvement since I started taking 5,000 iu of vitamin D3 in softgel form (Now brand), also 1/2 tsp. of d-ribose every couple of hours, 300 mg. of CoQ10 a day, plus regular supps. All this has helped my immune system. Also it's important to try to keep your body alkaline. A tsp. of apple cider vinegar with meals will help with this (also of course read about what foods help with alkalinity)

Have you ever had your cortisol levels tested? If they are high, this can cause chronic anxiety. An adrenal stress index test can test this, and if they are high, then Seriphos (phosphorylated serine) can help regulate your levels.

5. lisadot

lisadot New Member

You're not alone. I have a lot of environmental allergies, and receive an allergy shot every month. Without them, I'd be chronically infected. Even with them, I'm still sneezy, stuffy, and from time to time a bit wobbly due to feeling dizzy. I also have the ringing ears off and on. I also get migraines. Are you sure those sinus headaches you get aren't migraines? Migraines can cause your nose to run. And as far as the anxiety goes, ugh. Guilty as charged...I think these syndromes are a mix of many things, and none of them any fun.
  6. greatgran

greatgran Member

Same here , what is this mess? I have tried the not eating and always popping a pill, squirting nasal spray decongestant. The neti-pot plugs my ears .. My aches, anxiety and fatigue are worse.. If you find an answer please let me be the first to know..

Sorry you suffer but nice to have someone that can relate..

Hugs, gg
  7. ellikers

ellikers New Member

Yep, I dealt with sinus issues a lot when I had CFIDS ... several infections, constant stuffiness. Found out I was allergic to dust mites (but I wonder, aren't most people?)

I started using a sinus rinse bottle (like a neti pot but easier to use in my opinion) back in those days and I haven't had a sinus infection in years. I still wash with it in the mornings in the shower usually ... I figure it helps cut down on the allergens my body is dealing with.

I use it when I get home from being around sick people as well, or cleaning dusty stuff, etc and like I said that aspect of my health is WAY better than before.

It might help you too! It's only saline water (mixing some salt with warm water) and it feels good to me.

An anti-inflammatory med might help you out too (if you aren't already on one).
  8. greatgran

greatgran Member

Sorry, you have this.. it sucks..I too have had the CT scan, X-rays, Ent's and even allergy testing. So guess I am like you will have this as long as my body has cfs.. must be a connection.
    I can't handle antibiotics.. All my test are so normal no one believes me..

9. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thanks, yes I have had my cortisol levels tested.. I am going to chalk all this up to cfs.

10. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thanks, yes I am sure the headaches are not migraines.. I use to have migraines for years, until menapause then my migraines left. My allergy test are negative .. haven't had the food ones.
    Not sure what it is but its misery..

God Bless,
  11. greatgran

greatgran Member

No, I haven't found one I can take more than a couple of days.. Have tried them all. The ones I use to have no problems with I can't take. If I ever need one in case on an emergency I don't know what I will do.. Can't take PCN, Biaxan, Sulfer, Z-Pack, Keflex, Ceftin, Cipro, my last resort was clindiamycin (sp_ I did good with that one for dental work, so doc tried it for my sinus infection.. I made it to day 4 and the same type of reaction as the rest..

I have been eating garlic cloves and drinking apple cider vinegar for my antibiotics.. seems to help some. If it had not been for the horrible reactions to antibiotics I felt so much better after being on them for a few days. That is why I think what ever I have is some type of bacterial infection..

Its not the stomach upset /nausea with the antibiotics , they cause heart palps, feeling I can't breath, swelling and if I didn't lie down I think I would pass out. Now with Keflex and Ceftin the vomiting, nausea was bad..

With the reactions to all the above I am so scared to try any others..

If you find one, let me know..
  12. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I have had sinus problems since before ME/CFS. They were getting worse with time/age/ME. My primary defense is MSM (Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane). It doesn’t prevent the problem entirely, but prevents the head-splitting sinus infections.

It won’t clear an infection either. You need to clear up the infection with something else along with the MSM, then continue using the MSM. It takes a couple of weeks for the MSM to become effective.
  13. mdjaj2231

mdjaj2231 New Member

I have had horrible sinus issues. I'm doing allergy shots now. It's a huge commitment, but I've heard from quite a few friends and my dr. (who I really respect). I'll let you know if it helps.