How Many Are Feeling Worse From This Weather?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lgp, Jun 20, 2009.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Between the humidity paired wirth sporadic dampness and chilliness, grey skies and constant rain, not to metion the sudden variations in barometric pressures, I am feeling like crap!! Anyone else? I used to think, once the winter was over, I start to feel so much better, then this weather comes into full swing, and I take two steps back. I just hate it! And this is such a busy time of year two. Anyone else on the uphill battle in June?

2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I always look forward to spring and summer because usually I feel better.

HA! this spring even now has been so rainy and cold,I feel like I could jump off a bridge. I was supposed to start packing to move and then theres the big party for my mom well nothing has gotten done!

uphill? heck feel like Im trying to climb Mt. Everest.

here;s to a little peace and less hurting
  3. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I usually feel better in spring/summer until it gets over 75 or so, and I can even deal with a little hotter than that before it really gets to me....but this year has been brutal - I have felt worse than ever....and to top it off, the power was out the last few days here, so no air, no white noise to sleep by, no way to cook, and everything in my fridge/freezer is no sleep, eating crap that I am not used to, and more energy expended cleaning out the fridge/freezer....wound up going to my P's to sleep, but they are in Fl rt now and have their air turned off (& I couldn't figure out how to get it started), so I slept downstairs on the couch figuring that would be a little cooler....well, slept isn't really accurate, but whatever I did, I wound up in a ton of pain form trying to do so on the couch...and they didn't have much in the way of food there either, bc they are back home now and no way can I manage to get groceries (exhausted, in pain, etc) all that to say, yep, I feel worse, too
  4. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I just can not tolerate this wet muggy heat, it is awful. Thankfully my husband put in the air conditioner, ah, I love that man :)

5. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

wipes me out !!!

No energy whatsoever.
    No doubt the Humidity totally exhausts me too.

6. valliali

valliali New Member

i seem to be EXTREMELY affected by the low pressure/humidity combo. i moved from california to the east coast to be near my family because one of my parents is sick. i was SO symptomatic on the east coast that i had to return to california. i just couldn't function at all.
    what are your symptoms in this kind of weather?
    my worst one is this head and neck pressure, and whooshing and fullness in my ears, like the blood is just pounding in my head and my neck veins and arteries are going to burst. i also feel like i can't breathe and my heart goes nuts in that kind of weather.
  7. DoveL

DoveL Member

Hey there!

I am on the East Coast of the US...We have had 21 out of 24 days with rain! I feel your pain! (no pun intended!).. I wait all year for June-August, because the last few years have been so hot and sunny (that is when I am feeling my best). Not this year though...It rained MOST of May, and now the 21 out of 24 days of June, and more rain for the rest of the week is on its way. I am afraid we will have one month of hot weather, than right into winter again.

I wish I had the money to move out of state where it is hot and dry, and sunny all year round!

Hang in there Laura!
    You are not alone!

8. michellemariewalls

michellemariewalls New Member

I live in Texas and being outside for five minutes make my skin burns and I get nauseated and my head throbs. I have ceilings fans in every room and even floor fans in my bedroom to block out any noise. I feel best if we get any winter like weather in the 50's or 60's. I feel like i can never get cooled off.
  9. jole

jole Member

I too wait patiently for spring to bring blessed relief....unfortunately, like many of you, it just didn't happen this year. It's been like an unrelenting winter as far as the pain goes, even though the weather is warmer! These storm fronts constantly going through just do me in! Many days it's a struggle to get from bed to recliner.

Most summers I have enough energy to at least do some cooking and cleaning in short bursts, and feel somewhat "normal" for a few hours a day at least. Waiting......not patiently.....
  10. Hawkeye

Hawkeye New Member

I used to love summer but it is by far the worst time of the year for me. This year for some reason is especially bad for me I just can't tolerate the heat or being outside one little bit. It makes me feel as if I could faint. My fatigue is through the roof and this is the time of the year where I really feel like the odd one out, like everyone else is out boating, camping, fishing and barbecuing and I am sitting in my house like a hermit. I feel that nobody "gets it" this time of the year. It seems that this is the time of year when I really have a pity party and then winter comes and while it is no picnic I would much rather have the cold weather than this heat and humidity. This is the time of the year when I am so thankful for this board and all you beautiful people!

11. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

Been sick as a dog to over a week now in Missouri. My whole body is one big knot. Hope everyone else is doing better. Ruthie
  12. whywyoming

whywyoming New Member

I live in Wyoming and last summer I felt wonderful. This spring ans summer have been lousy for me. I am feeling some better but it still is kind of humid off an on here. It took me a while to even figure out that the weather was what was causing the episode. Yuck. I hope it is getting better for you.
  13. rampartrange

rampartrange New Member

Hello All,

I notice that with the wet summer in west, it has been hard on the biotoxin illness subgroup.

Too bad we cannot get any daily mold data for these (CO, WY, UT, NV) areas ...

Rock & Margie.
    Colorado, USA