How many are going through all this and then menopause too?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tigger57, May 21, 2006.

1. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

It's bad enough that I have the horrible pain (even with the fentanyl patch and muscle relaxers) and constant fatigue (it hurts to even raise my arm), but it seems that menopause has decided to join the gang in ruining my life.

I have had 2 periods since November... one in December and one in February... that's it. February was very light and I don't remember as far back as December.

I don't have a regular doctor anymore and am going to have to go to the clinic, but I don't want to. My rheumy told me that whether I want to or not, I'm going to have to do it. Funny, that's the same thing he said about applying for SSDI.

Any ideas to help?
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Tigger ... I am going through the same problems .. but I have a good young woman GP .. I am taking a low dose birth control pill for hormone supplementation and it does help .. I do have some awful sweaty moments .. very discouraging especially after just getting out of the shower and trying to put some makeup on .. and the hair thing .. I think you probably get the picture .. terrible sleep quality .. being in snappy mode .. a menopausal PMS thing ..

BUT .. I think I would be alot worse if I weren't on the meds I'm on .. I also have Hashimoto's Thyroid .. MPV .. and a very annoying tinnittus with the fibromyalgia .. so my plate is full and I could do without the "chang of life" scenario as well ? haha

Go to the clinic and see what they may suggest for you .. it might make you feel better !
    Good Luck !
    Fudge : )
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I am going Thu the same thing according to my doctors I have been going Thu it for 6 years.It came along the same time I got my Dx for FM/CFS.
    Because I had a parcial Hysterectomy, I have not had periods for about 27 years.I still have my ovaries.
    This is very hard and I have had really bad fatigue I just told my husband this morning I feel like I have one foot in the grave.I have no advice to share with you because I don't know what to do to feel better.If you get any advice please pass it on to me.
    Hope you feel better.
  4. libra55

libra55 New Member

didn't have period for 7 months, figured I was well on my way to being done. Naw. Started again, had two regular ones, the last one was a doozie. Folded me right in half.

So I must be in peri? I am 50.

Those hot flashes, whew!

So I deal with that, the FM, the asthma, and the Crohn's and on top of it this week I have a cold. I don't know whether I should laugh or cry. I am trying to plan a graduation party. Thank God everyone is bringing a dish. I think I will be ready for a padded cell by that time. I don't know why I even did it to myself.

Enough about me. Tigger hon how are you? Keep us informed on how your feeling and the disability stuff.

(((((Hugs))))))
    Michelle
  5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I had my uterus removed in 1997 and one ovary in 2001. The remaining ovary can barely be identified in cat scans. My symptoms have increased greatly. I do not what is due to menopause or CFS or FM.

My personally has certainly changed and not for the better. I have severe heat intolerance and drenching sweats. I do not think it is all hormonal in nature because I tried a hormone shot and it did not stop the sweats. I really should not take any hormones because of having breast cancer but if it would help me feel better I would take the chance.

I wish I did know what issues are causing what problems. I wish I could help but I have no answers.
  6. georgianewyork

georgianewyork New Member

Tigger,
    Hi. Seems to be the domino effect for many of us.

First the CFS/FM then the thyroid which I had to be tested for many times. Hair started falling out, more than half and fevers turned to low body temps. I came to a screeching halt with menopause, bad PMS but regular periods. Within three months I went from normal levels to full blown menopause. Seems like all body systems started failing in the last 2 of the 4 with CFS.

Doctors have me on prometrium and estrodial patch to help slow the rapid bone loss?? Have you had a bone density test done recently?

Take good care.
    Georgia