How many are on ssa for FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kmoss55, Apr 30, 2006.

1. kmoss55

kmoss55 New Member

I Was just wondering how many of you have won your case on FM only.
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

First try too!!Linda
  3. kmoss55

kmoss55 New Member

I will go before the judge soon.I need to know of cases that SS granted on FM. If you could tell me you city and state, maybe I could use it to help the judge grant me mine.
    kathy
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I had lots of good documentation,Some of them I refused more pain meds cause I didn't need it then.Linda
    [This Message was Edited on 05/01/2006]
  5. kmoss55

kmoss55 New Member

thank you for your time.If you have any other info. you think I might need to use, please feel free to let me know
    again, thank you.
    kathy
    [This Message was Edited on 04/30/2006]
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

question for you? when you got awarded i am assuming you did not use an attorney>>>correct...if you did not, did ssa still take out for attorney fees? i am still fighting to get my money for i had no darn attorney nor did i sign anywhere that i did...

jodie
  7. kmoss55

kmoss55 New Member

I have a very unusal(SP) case. The Judge said he pick my case just to see how it would turn out. He said that there were lots of turns and twist in my case. Nothing about my life has ever been the norm. LOL Anyway sorry I can't answer your ?.
    kathy
  8. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

My attorney just filed for me to go before a judge. I am very nervous and understand it could be up to two years. Thing that upsets me is I had asked the attorney to file for me several months ago and I just now received a letter stating that my case had just now been filed for a hearing!I had already been turned down twice without having to go before a judge.
  9. kmoss55

kmoss55 New Member

I went before a judge the other day. It was held at the Hampton Inn in one of the banqeut(SP) rooms. It will be you and your att.,the judge,the person that is taking down the info.of the hearing.
    Are you saying that the FM is what is making you disable?

Kathy
  10. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

I was turned down April 19, 2006. It says I have 60 days to appeal the answer. Does this mean that I need to hire an attorney?
    Stinker56
  11. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I got it through the application process.They initially thought the weakness in my legs was from something else.I worked 4 years with occasional DR visits.the last 2 years were on FMLA,so there was plenty of documentation that I tried hard to work.

The only med that I took for a long time was cyclobenzaprine.I also had many tests at a well known and trusted place Vanderbilt University .That's all I can think of.Linda