How many are trying to hibernate?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gapsych, Oct 25, 2009.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

It is that time of year again and to add to my hypersomnia, I think my body is trying to hibernate. I don't feel as down as I usually do at this time of year and do not have increased appetite.

I am trying light therapy but am not getting any consistent results.

We have had days of nonstop rain where I live and that could be contributing.

I wish I could give some of my hypersomnia to those of you who suffer from insomnia, an equally disturbing sleep problem.

Anyone else?

ETA When do we turn our clocks back? Is it next weekend?[This Message was Edited on 10/25/2009]
  2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

The clocks change next Sunday, November 1st.

I recently went through a couple of months of hypersomnia, however, it turns out that mine was related to low progesterone levels. Since starting on progesterone cream the problem has resolved.
  3. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

Fall and winter is an especially horrible time for me. The cold just seizes me up and moving about is ssssoooo painful.
    My husband, bless his soul, created a haven in my upstairs bedroom, which is considerably large.
    He installed a beautiful mahogany gas fireplace, an incredible kitchenette complete with fridge and microwave. An entertainment area, stereo, DVD player, good size screen TV with a six-ft.
    love sac in front. A huge king size bed. A large bathroom with jacuzzi tub. Double french doors so in the summer I can open them up and feel like I'm outside, or I can go lay out on my deck up here where no one can see me. A large desk for my computer. My room is totally self sufficient. I can go for days without leaving it for anything.

So yes I'm in on the hybernation at least to staying in my "lair" as my family calls it.
  4. onset1990

onset1990 Member

nah.stacey, can you have your husband call my husband about that bedroom? My husband's idea of helping me out with CFS is handing me my slippers when my feet are cold!

I would love to have a room like that! We have a jacuzzi outside but you know how hard it is to endure the cold to get in it out in the yard (and the wind sometimes!)

Oh, and yes, my body has already made a time shift into autumn. I am ready for bed at 7:30. What will I do after the time change?[This Message was Edited on 10/26/2009]