How many board members does it take to change a light bulb? :D

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gapsych, Sep 2, 2009.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I think we could all use a laugh and lighten up a bit. No pun intended!!!

I love the last sentence.

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to argue to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue to move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

[This Message was Edited on 09/03/2009]
  2. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Brilliant idea, gap! I think we all really needed this one!
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Stop flaming me you troll!!

I have a Masters Degree in light bulbs/CFLs and LED bulbs.

Shouldn't your post really be on the CFL Board and later transferred to the LED Board?

Are you being paid by "Big Light Bulb"

I may have to report you.

Your post stressed me out so much, I am leaving this board. Again!!!

gap :D
    [This Message was Edited on 09/02/2009]
    [This Message was Edited on 09/03/2009]
  4. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

Thanks for the laugh!!!

We needed that =)

5. tut90

tut90 Member

I'm having alot of pain today, in a flare for about three weeks now, but you made me laugh.

6. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

Thanks for posting this!

We (people) are so predictable. I find that really comforting, actually.

NoFool, You started a new wave of laughter when I got to your post -- you are soo funny!

Thanks Gap!

Peace out

PS You know, the squabble we get into here are nothing compared to what happens on my Buddhist forums! People are people wherever you find us.

ETA: "Are you being paid by "Big Light Bulb industry"?" hahahahahah![This Message was Edited on 09/03/2009]
  7. shelbo

shelbo New Member

8. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Great post, Gap! And how true.

Take care.
  9. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Now I am LOLROTF!!

Fights on the Buddhist board? Isn't that kind of like fights on the pacifist board?

Now I have heard everything. Maybe.

Kamina, so funny, so true.

I can show you three scientific double blind experiments that prove that CFLs and LEDs are energy efficient. Plus a video on You Tube from James Randi!!

These studies even accounted for the placebo effect of lights. Being able to see.

Okay there has to be a funnier one out there than this.

Someone help me, what is the placebo effect of lights, CFLs and LEDs? Up to the challenge?

Beware Big Light Bulb!!

10. bakeman

bakeman New Member

It all depends on what forum you are on. ;)
  11. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

gap, Don't go. Don't go!

This is tooo Funny. I hope no one "pulls the plug".

Thank you for a much-needed laugh.

12. a few other groups... lynch mobs.... fanatics... what have you..

The individual, then probably group, that would point out, that EVERYONE using 'light bulbs' are idiots, because.... DUHH, we have a SUN... which produces plenty of light.

At night, well, you're just not supposed to be UP at night. Or light a candle.

Those light bulbs, CFL, LED....FBI's CIA's, NFL's, NHL's... etc (LMAO) are ruining the earth. Causing your kids to get "je-herpes"(made up word) on their scalps, cooties, outbreaks of the ickies...etc...

So, then it will be 20 more added on, thus the forum would then be the "us against them" (light bulb-electricity yuppies, Earth Hogs, whatever, lol) versus the "sun worshiping, know nothing, can't spellers, doofuses" (uh-oh- doofi? doofus'... doofusi? LOL)

Then 12 late to come in on the convo people who totally take ALL posts wrong...

7 others to see both sides, but, still point fingers at one side or the other...

and, then there's me, to scratch my head... strike a match, light my lantern.... and ask, what's goin on everybody? Is *this* where you get those light maker thingies? The one's you screw in, to the thingy in the ceiling.... can anybody tell me what those are, exactly, how they work...... and, uh.... how to 'install' them?

Oh, and which way do I turn them? Does one way make them brighter, or???

Gotta go.... ceiling fan's light bulb went out. Hate those little 10, or 15 watt, tear-droppish-shaped buggers. Ug.
  13. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I am the mod. for this post. I can yank it at ANYTIME!!!!! (Scary music ((preferably organ)) in the background).

ETA I also posted this on the chit chat board and there are some funny responses there.
  14. JimB51

JimB51 Member

let"s hold down the humor !

can"t a guy be sick on this board without having to laugh his head off?

15. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

great thread! : )
  16. redhummingbird

redhummingbird New Member

I had a good laugh, thanks!
  17. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I wonder if PH would consider starting an Alternative Artificial Light Sources board?
  18. DemonFairy

DemonFairy New Member

Some "light" humor.

See, even the grumpiest among us still have a sense of humor. Sure, it's not always evident, but it's there.

But, please, please, please don't make me have to change any light bulbs soon. I haven't the energy...after the water heater broke (again!), after ants attacked our back yard (again! I swear we live on some freakish gigantic ant hill experiment, with ants of all varieties - it sucks) please let our light bulbs last.
  19. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Too funny! Loved it! Thanks for the chuckles:)

20. JimB51

JimB51 Member

check the same post on the chit chat board. Same post but different replies.

But read the thread through from the beginning 'cause it takes some twists (of course).