How many CFS people have mercury amalgam fillings?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by springrose22, Jan 1, 2007.

1. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

We all know that toxic substances can be stressors that contribute to our illness. Someone had a posting asking people where they lived, assuming that toxins produced by factories, etc. could have contributed. I believe that I carried around my own toxins with a mouthful of mercury amalgams since I was a teenager.

How about you? Do you have amalgams, and do you plan to have them removed? I am planning that for this year. There is a lot of information online about the toxicity of mercury amalgams. Very scary.... Marie
  2. mommygee

mommygee New Member

I'm looking into getting them replaced but the thought of having all that dental work freaks me out. It would have to be a multi-Xanax day. ;)
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

Have CFIDS and Fibro. Have never had a filling, cap, root canal, nothing. But, did have wisdom teeth removed under general anesthesia and had HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.
  4. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

Had one old removed 5 years ago, and had a wisdom tooth amalgram removed 1 1/2 years ago. Probably picked up mercury from flu vaccines, thermisol from my contact lens solution, and from mercury emissions around Chicagoland.

CherylSue
  5. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

I have four amalgam fillings, and I have had CFS since 1998. As of now I dont plan on having them removed. Everytime I get a silver filling replaced with a non-metal one it quickly leads to a root canal. I have had five root canals already. I take 3 grams of Chlorella daily to help bind with any mercury that is possibly leaking from the fillings.
  6. app5775

app5775 New Member

I had all of mine taken out about 20 years ago when I got my first major bout of CFS and major allergy problems. It did reduce my chemical sensitivities. My doctor agreed with me as well. I had about 9 fillings at that time and my dentist was quite understanding. Even he admitted he didn't like having amalgam put in his mouth. Its the cheapest way to go and most dentists think nothing of it. I won't have anything but composite or porcelain put in. Some insurance companies will only cover those procedures partially since they consider it "cosmetic". I do have one that is a gold blend in a molar that the compostite wouldn't have been strong enough. There really is no "real" safe dental procedure but some are lesser than others in terms of being tolerated.
  7. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Thanks for all your replies. Everyone is so different. Swedeboy, now you've got me thinking that I might end up with root canals if I have the amalgam removed. Do you know if the amalgams ever stop leaking mercury? Probably never. I've had mine for probably 45 years. If I started Chlorella now then it would bind with any future leaks, correct? Marie
  8. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I have several amalgam fillings. I have had them since my early teens and did not get CFS until I was 33. I do not plan to have them removed, partly because I cannot afford to.
  9. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

I have had a ton a mercury amalgam fillings. Then had all my teeth pulled at age 39. Came down with CFS at age 44.

My 19 year old daughter who also suffers terribly with CFS has never had a filling or eats any fish.

Best wishes,

foxglove