How many days have you been suffering from CFS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ales, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Ales

Ales New Member

Go to

and just input the date your ilness started. I input 23.6.1998

The result: I have been suffering from CFS for 4158 days. That's quite a big number.
  2. marley69

marley69 New Member

A long #$% time
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

thought of it in terms of days. Ok, I used the pocket calculator. Got two
    different answers. They were between 9000 and 10,000.

Of course it's hard to pinpoint an exact starting date, but it's been about
    28 years. Wish I had a dollar for every....

And here's a kawinkydink for you. About 21 years ago my boss and I
    visited a little store in downtown Los Angeles that was selling a new

The product was the pocket calculator. It cost $100. Took it back to the
    office and demonstrated it. Folks were absolutely amazed!

4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Approximately - I'm not sure of the exact date.
  5. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

seriously why would you want to know the exact number of days.....that is just so depressing....knowing how many yrs is bad enough

for me, living mostly in the present is the only way I can manage this - looking back at how many yrs I have already lost, or looking forward and thinking about dealing with this every day for the next however many yrs is just way too much to handle.....even with my faith, I think I would end my life if I knew for sure that I would still have this in 10 yrs or 15 yrs or however long.....thinking about the possibility of having this from age 32 until death just makes me want that death to arrive asap

fortunately, I do still have hope that something will get better

ETA: Now, if we could somehow calculate how many collective days we, as a patient grp, have lost and pass that number along to the CDC and the NICE, etc and use it to heap some guilt on them, I would be all in favor of that!
    [This Message was Edited on 11/10/2009]
  6. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

7. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I had to laugh when I read your PS.....the situation is not really funny, but the response cracked me up

also smiled about your suggestion to Ales re the winner

I can always use a smile or laugh, so thanks : )

and, 11,400 days.....well I am glad that you have managed to hang onto hope for so long.....I am hanging onto the hope that I won't have to stretch my hope that long (if that made any sense!) bc I don't think I have that long in me - been thru an awful lot of other really hard things, but this is the worst......I am 5+ yrs into this and have felt like giving up many I said I do believe in God and I do have hope, but it is still really tough.....I give you a lot of credit for hanging on and I hope that you will be here to benefit from a cure or at least good treatments
  8. renehicks

renehicks New Member

8401 days to date I have endured this hell
  9. Ales

Ales New Member

I believe only in the advancement of science.

Even now it is awsome what science has achieved, I tried to input to

male 33 years ALT

It indeed found the distribution of this transferase in male humans of approx. this age.

Next I tried:

pfizer hemispherx

It showed me where we are with Ampligen.

I am sure in quite near future it would be possible to input your symptoms, laboratory findings, or the computer will test you itself, than it would automatically propose and synthetise the most effective drugs, test it automatically on artificial human models etc.