How many different illnesses, besides FMS, do you have?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Trishgray, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Trishgray

Trishgray New Member

I'm curious.. I have too many diagosis' to count. Just wondering if there are any of you who have multiple illnesses like me.. any input would be appreciated!

HUGS!

Trish
  2. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

apart from my bad attitude and the well cultivated chip on my shoulder, as well as fms i have me/cfs, arthralgia (a sort of arthritis) raynauds syndrome (a circulation problem) severe migraines and syndromes and phenomona that go with them, hay fever, excema, ibs and irritable bladder.

i think thats about it??

oh and rls.

does cuckoo count :)
  3. Trishgray

Trishgray New Member

I have all of those too, we're just falling apart.. I also have a degenerating spine (not just a disc or two). They caught the RLS durring my sleep study for sleep apnea.. Neurontin seems to help with that

More HUGS!
    Trish
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

severe FMS,Diabetes,bulging disacs in Thoracic area(most trouble)and neck
  5. renae1979

renae1979 New Member

I have FM/CFS, migraines, two blood clotting disorders, allergies (sinus problems) and depression.
  6. darude

darude New Member

I have the following so far!

Pituitary Tumour
    40 other lesions
    ddd
    herniated disks
    diabetes
    COPD
    lung abnormality
    fms
    cfs
    positive ANA
    CMP
    Other things can't remember. I was PERFECTly heathy two years ago so I think these DD's we have are a combination of other things.
  7. Megumi

Megumi New Member

Well, if I can get past the brain fog, and if you don't pay attention to some of the spellings, I have FM, Lupus, IBS, RLS, sclerderma, the dry eye/mouth thing, allergies, chronic sinusitis, rotting bones and teeth, degenerative disc disease, chronic bronchitis (pnemonia prone), that thing that makes bottoms of feet burn, neuropathy (makes skin feel like sunburn), thinning hair, budding arthritis, depression (gee, don't know why), lost a kidney when I was 18, had a hysterectomy (endometriosis) at 25. About the only part of me that hasn't been affected is my stomach - I can still eat like a little piggy (and look like it, too!!). One of the things I've noted is that every time I go to a new doctor they always want to test me for MS. Fortunately the tests have always come back negative.
  8. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

Hi well here i go,fibro,diabeties.celiac sprue,psoriasis,in a most wonderfull place,top of breast,amd bottom of breast,what fun,lets see what else? oh ya,hysterectamy?tmj,restless legs,migraines,ostroarthritis,pain,tired,pain,tired,pain, well i think thats it for now anyway,take care everyone,marieann
  9. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

Right now I am sitting here crying. i have so much pain today and hubby doesn't care for it.

I have FMS, Osteoarthritis, spinal stenosis in lower back and neck, scoliosis, pain in feeet, a "gone' knee that I can't have replaced because i have to take care of hubby (which he doesn't appreciate at all) excess sweating, myofascia lumps all over, hideous exhaustion and no time to rest.

That's all.

Gentle Hugs
  10. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

I was just thinking today that im really healthy except for fibro. i had carpal tunel surgery and my hands are stiff but the fibro pain and fatigue are my problems.

I very seldom get colds viruses or other things i am 57 still have female parts.

I feel so bad for everyone especially those housebound. i dont go out often but i can for short times.

my feet are my biggest problem i cant walk for very long.

you all make me know how grateful i should be but somedays i get down cause i cant do things.hugs to you all gail
  11. mamaseta

mamaseta New Member

Too bad there aren't any researchers among us - there's definitely a pattern here: headaches, sinus pain, herniated discs, etc.......

12. russiankids3

russiankids3 New Member

I have a long list but the top three that cause me the most trouble are--IgA nephropathy, an autoimmune kidney disease that causes permanent kidney damage by the abnormal buildup of a protein (IgA). Will eventually need a transplant or dialysis. Have only 34% functioning left in left kidney--right kidney removed several years ago.

Also have early-onset Parkinson's disease-I have good days and bad days with this one. Having some serious trouble with "freezing trying to get out of bed" and swallowing at this time. Getting that mask-like look too just like michael J. Fox.

I'd have to say the one that causes me the most pain and sadness is FM/CFS. Haven't felt like myself since I was 26 years old!

Take care.
    Sue
  13. JLH

JLH New Member

Here are what my medical problems are:

* Fibro

* CFS

* Multiple Chemical Sensitivities

* Raynaud's Syndrome

* Sjogren's Syndrome

* Systemic Lupus Erythematosus

* Osteo-arthritis (in spine, hands, hips, knees, ankles, and practically everywhere else in my body!)

* Osteoporosis (in spine and knee)

* Back Problems:

- Cervical Spine: degenerative disks, bulging disks, thecal sac effacement, bone spurs, paramedian disk herniation, moderate spinal canal stenosis, compression of exiting nerve root, severe cervical spondylosis, and facet arthropathy

- Thoracic Spine: bone spurs, arthritis

- Lumbar Spine: pinched nerve between L4-L5 & S1, degenerative disk disease, spinal canal stenosis, impingement in anterior subarachnoid space, and severe degenerative osteoarthritis of facet joints

- Note: the pinched nerve in my lumbar spine causes non-stop horrific pain which is totally dibilitating--I can not stand up longer than 5 minutes, can not walk more than a few feet, and is making me almost totally housebound.

* Depression

* Diabetes (Type 2- on 3 oral meds & insulin)

* Diabetic Neuropathy in both feet

* Heart Problems:

- dual-chamber pacemaker

- congestive heart failure

- enlarged heart

- heart murmur

- supraventricular tachardia

- bradycardia

- atrail fibrillation

* Thyroid Disorder

* High Blood Pressure

* High Cholesterol

* Hiatal Hernia

* GERD (acid reflux)

* Obstructive Sleep Apnea (sleep with a CPAP machine and oxygen

* Chronic Edema (hands, legs, ankles, feet, and sometimes face)

* Migraine & Tension Headaches

* Chronic Rashes (these are severe)

* TMJ

* Chronic Sinus Problems

* Allergies

* Hard of Hearing

* Asthma

* Scalp Psoriasis; Nail Psoriasis

* bad left knee (torn cartlidge)

* Costrocondritis

OK, I think that is about it. Do I win for the most? LOL

The amount of prescription meds that I take is just about as long as the medical problems' list!!!!

Hugs,
    Janet
    [This Message was Edited on 01/05/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 01/05/2006]
  14. JLH

JLH New Member

OK, Trish, you said that you have too many to count ..... well, if I listed all of mine, you have to list of of yours now!! Otherwise, this game is not fair!! LOL (sounds like a schoolgirl, huh!! LOL)

Hugs,
    Janet
  15. ang1973

ang1973 New Member

I too have multiple problems. I have Crohns disease along with the Fibromyalgia. Docs sure do have a hard time deciding whats causing what with me. Where does the pain come from? They sure don't know. I have terrible pain in my abdomen all the time. Cramping, bloating, running to the bathroom sometimes 15 times a day. Im weak and tired, ache all over, migranes, joint problems, cant walk some days, dizzy spells etc.
    So what types of problems are you having, and how are you coping? Let me know
    Ang1973

I just read the list of posts and i guess I didn't really realize how much so many people have to deal with. Mine seems bad enough most days. My heart goes out to you all.[This Message was Edited on 01/05/2006]
  16. darude

darude New Member

It's a wonder we are all still alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. mymissy

mymissy New Member

When I have to go for pre-op the nurse just sits there with her mouth open. Here goes.

Fibro

OA

Severe RLS

Degenerative Disc Disease

Severe Neurapathy in both legs

Back surgery at L5S1

Histoplasmosis in the lungs and eyes

Scar Tissue wraped around the Spinal nerve from the back surgery

Thyroid

Now we have Stachybotrys ( Black Mold) in our 1 year old home and I go the first of Feb to see if it is in my lungs.

I have had 12 previous surgeries, 2 just in the last 4 months

Last but not least a 3 inch size mass in my chest next to my heart.

Now I know why I don't work !!!!!!!!!!

Patty

18. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i have FM, severe migrains, a stable benign tumor in my brain (it would do more damage then good to try to remove it) multiple knee surgeries, and bipolsr disorder. i'm only 32 and i do think i'm falling apart.
    Rachel
  19. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Yes, I'm a member of the multiple illnesses club. Here's my list:

FMS
    Endometriosis
    Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    Interstitial Cystitis
    Hypothyroidism
    Restless Legs Syndrome

I had heart surgery three years ago to correct a defect in the electrical system of my heart that was causing palpitations and would make me feel like I was going to pass out. Fortunately, I haven't had any problems since.

Last year I had an implant put in my left cheek (not the one in my face) to help control my bladder frequency problem and pain.

That's everything for me.

Ellen
  20. lin-z

lin-z New Member

Hysterectomy 5yrs ago due to fibroids

deg. disc disease

herniatied discs

fm

severe depressive disorder(this is according to my latest dr. said my pain would magically disappear if i had extensive counselling)B.S.

occasional bad attitude(workin on it)