How many experience "pins and needles"?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by phoebe1, Sep 12, 2005.

1. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

It doesn't happen too often but every now and again I get that pins and needles feeling in my hands and sometimes my feet.
    Sat I had it in my hands for almost half the day, and it always happens for no apparent reason and there is nothing I do that makes it go away, I just have to wait it out.
    Does anyone else have this?

Phoebe
  2. Rose_Red

Rose_Red New Member

It's from poor circulation. god forbid I curl up an sit on my feet. Five minutes later they're numb! My hands are the worst tho. I can't stand it when they won't work.
  3. Bronagh

Bronagh New Member

Hi Phoebe,

I have that problem also, it starts in my two lower legs, feet and hands. I've had an ultrasound and other tests done and everything is ok.

My Rheumy said it is another symptom of Fibro!!!!!

Bronagh :)
  4. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

that was the symptom that started me on the search for what the heck was the matter with me. It's mostly on the left side of my body, but occasionally on the right foot too.
  5. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Is that the same thing as what I describe as a stinging sensation?

Cymbalta has helped that symptom for me.
  6. orachel

orachel New Member

Everytime I went to a doc they'd ask if I had any numbness or tingling in fingers/hands or feet. My answer was always no. Then about a week ago, I started to frequently get the "asleep" feeling in hand and foot on right side. I'm a little nervous. Does that mean circulation problem, or could it just be another of our random pains?
    Rachel
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

phoebe1:
    Ouch! A sudden needle feeling to my upper thigh (left) is enough to make me jump. It is so unexpected. I guess I will have to report it to my doctor on my next visit. It does not happen all the time, but enough to make it worth noting.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  8. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I wonder if it's the pain meds dulling our nerves in our fingers and/or toes. That's the only thing I can come up with, although, I'm scheduled for an MRI of the brain to check for bloodclots.

abbylee
  9. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Sometimes I get numb in my fingers and toes/foot. But it comes and goes.

My physical medicine doctor said that the stinging sensation is my nerve impulses "misfiring".
  10. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

It's always good to know you're not alone, I guess it's just another fun thing we have to live with.
    It just sometimes gets to me and I wonder, where is it going to stop?
    Oh well, I'm glad I have you guys!

Phoebe
  11. blkkat

blkkat New Member

i have it so bad 24/7 from my neck down! i can't stand it! with that i also feel like i'm walking barefoot on ice! neurontin calms it a bit. ive had this none stop since oct 04. and now my limbs go numb!! i also have had a MRI to see if it was MS, nope! all tests neg. i guess its part of this DD , I'M sorry i know it hurts! take care! HUGS! blkkat