How many feel like pain meds have given you..............

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Mar 18, 2007.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

your quality of life back?

Before I took pain meds for dd I had not much quality of life................since I started taking them I have to admit I have a better quality of life or so the meds make it seem!

I can't imagine dealing with this dd without them....I for one am do graterful for pain medications!

Thanks for your replies

Doxy
    [This Message was Edited on 03/18/2007]
  2. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi doxy, totally agree with you here!

That's why i get SO ANGRY at the drug sellers and corrupt doctors in this town who give/sell these meds like candy, we just had 2 docs busted for "selling" scripts, people would line up around the block, come thru the line a couple times, hand over cash (no insur. here!) and walk away with scripts for enough oxycontin to sell that they made in a week what we would be lucky to get from SSDI in a year!

so many on this board are suffering with no relief cuz their docs are afraid to prescribe what they need, because of situations like this! And also, with the "war on drugs" it is going to get harder for those of us on these meds to get them, while the street dealers have them by the thousands! What a system!

I was able to work 2 years more with pain meds than i ever could've without, and now, can get a couple of sporadic good hours a day when meds are timed right. (this would be the time LTD comes around with their videocameras, lol!)
    I thank God every day for my meds!
    take care,-- L
  3. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

4. JLH

JLH New Member

Doxy,

Pain meds have never helped my fibro pain for some reason.

The only thing that has is Neurotin and Cymbalta.

I do have a script for Lortab to take when my back pain is out of control, but when I take it, it helps my back but none of my fibro pain.

jlh