*****How many found out FM/CFIDS was actually Lyme?******

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Jan 19, 2006.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Just curious since so many of you have been going to the FFCs? I am thinking about being retested, but don't know how much good it will do because of not being able to do it by Igenex or Bowen. I could get it done by Quest or through my local hospital system that sends it to the University of Michigan.

GBHope
    [This Message was Edited on 01/19/2006]
  2. GBHope

GBHope New Member

bumping up to see if anyone has any thoughts on this
  3. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

my doc thinks i have lymes contributing to the diagnoses of cfs, fms. i am not sure. i also had a car accident which seriously worsened symptoms. jen102
  4. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Did he actually run a lyme test?

GBHope
  5. CooBax

CooBax New Member

Hi,

From what i have been told unless you go to a place like Ingenex for testing it is a waste of time...I am getting my doctor to set the testing up so we can send a blood sample to Ingenex....I feel I need to be more certain that I do not have Lyme...go to lymenetdotorg for more info...good luck. What are your main symptoms?

Lesley
  6. GBHope

GBHope New Member

because it costs so much up front. When you send in your samples, you have to send the payment with it. It's 390 bucks for the first two tests.

GBHope
  7. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

think both igenex and bowen--igenex for sure. it didn't seem real clear to me, but the doc said the particular bands along with the levels showed lymes. also, it has something to do with how long you've had it, and how suppressed your immune system has become. some don't show positive until you have been treated by abx for a time. isn't that interesting? without testing, it seems like the clinical signs may still tell you much, and also your reactions to treatment--do you herx? blessings to you. jen102
  8. GBHope

GBHope New Member

that our symptoms could be caused by Lyme disease. I was just talking to an aquaintance of mine and asked her if she had been tested for Lyme. She said once she had a positive, then a negative. I told her she should definitely pursue whether this could be her problem. Not that it was, but she said that her health started going really downhill about a year after that and she had a bulls-eye rash. I never had a rash and don't remember a bit, but have a rash all over one of my arms that the doctor always asks me about whenever I see someone new. Sometimes it is very prominent. Doesn't itch, it's just really blotchy and red, not raised though.

GBHope