How many get divorced during Lyme treatment??

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by ajp, Sep 13, 2006.

1. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi All,

My hubby and I are having problems and I really just don't have the energy to deal with him. He refuses to understand anything about the Lyme and has basically refused to even learn anything about it.

I don't know why I am writing this for all to see, but you guys understand more than anyone what we go through. I did see my LLMD yesterday and we talked about it. He pretty much said right now I need to concentrate on getting well and to try not to take much of what he says to heart. But I do and I am at the point that I cannot even talk to him....I am just so angry...I didn't ask for this disease...and I am dealing with this the best I can.

Anybody any help........thanks

Love
    Mindy
  2. jarjar

jarjar New Member

As most of us know Lyme/CFS/FM is all the same illness. If you go to the FM/CFS board and type in divorce and search under titles you will see this subject has been brought up MANY times.

I went thru a period of counseling with my wife that got us thru some of the bumps in the road. The trick is finding a really good marriage counselor.

Best wishes
    J
  3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I am sorry you are having problems like that. It has got to suck. My husband is good to me about my illness, I've been sick so long I can't imagine if he hadn't been. My kids on the other hand, can be very unkind and unfeeling at times. They still expect me to do for them like I used to and I just can't.

Your husband needs to realize that you are sick. The marriage vows read "in sickness and in health" not just "in health." That is ridiculous. I don't blame you for being angry....I would be furious. If he were sick or hurt you would not ignore or abandon him. I would not put up with it. You need someone to take care of you right now. Is there anyone is your family who can come help you at least while you are going through some of your treatments?

I feel like you and I are going through a lot of the same things in regard to the lyme and meds and how dang sick it all makes you. It is a horrible, painful disease.

I'll be praying for you, and I hope things get better for you very soon!
    Take Care!
    Kellyann
  4. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Your support means a lot. I am just having a hard time adjusting to this disease. It's like one step forward and then two steps back. I have had some good days, but then I slip back to the same old symptoms.

I know I haven't been easy to live with but.......You are right Kellyann...I know I would be supportive of him if the shoe was one the other foot. I do feel that I have changed...I think I kind on lost myself with this disease. Who is this person? But I realize I have to take care of myself and do the best I can and if he can't accept that...well too bad!!!!!!

Thanks again. Take Care.
    Mindy

Kellyann-how are you doing? I think of you often and mention you in my prayers. Keep in touch.