HOW MANY GET ONE VIRUS/INFECTION AFTER ANOTHER

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1maqt, Feb 16, 2003.

1. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

These past few month I get a flu bug Run a temp and a week later I am sick again?? I have had four viral infections in aabout 6 weeks. Am I jusst weired or what??Been caughing and sneezing and blowing my nose for 4days.

I'm paronoid about going out, afraid I'll get sometning. And as surely as I go to church, or the grocery sstore, I come down with another virus??

Anyone got any answers? I am at a loss.

~1maqt~
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm sorry you are going through this! I think this has been a very rough winter weather-wise and sickness-wise in a lot of places.

I am one of a subset of us FMers who almost never get sick with anything else. I haven't had the flu in more than a decade, and I can't remember the last time I caught a cold. Others in my household get them, but I never catch it from them. Somebody once posted here about why that happens----the medical reason why some of us get sick a lot, and some of us never do, but I can't remember much about what I read!

It does seem like there's not a lot of middle ground-----we are either prone to catch everything, or seldom catch even a mild cold.

Anyway, I know I'm no help, but I feel for you & hope you can throw this string of illness off soon! Rest & plenty of water (I know, that's what Mom says...)

Feel better soon!

Hugs,
    Pam