How Many Good Days Do You Have?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HppeandMe, Mar 13, 2006.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi Gang-

I am just wondering how frequently you have good days. My good days have no rhyme or reason. I am not eating any differently or doing any different activities. They are few and far between.

I am asking because I had a pretty good day today and had two good days two weeks ago and before that I hadn't any really good days since August/September.

So how does it work for you??

Thanks!
    Hope
  2. darude

darude New Member

They are a RARE thing for me. I know that when I have a good day the next day is awful.
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

There's a good day once or twice a month. One where I think I imagined it all all along. I just had a fairly good day today. You can tell on my postings,,,LOL!

I can agree that it is far between, often I don't remember the last time I was well unless it feel on an important day, like a birthday or something. Sad, isn't it?
  4. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

What's a good day?

I don't think I'm as bad as many on this board but truly "good" days almost never happen.

Good days for me are days that I don't feel AS bad. It seems like the back pain has been constant for years and the foot pain for about a year and a half. Dull headaches are almost daily.

I still function though. Go places etc. I'm just very limited

So I guess it just depends on your definition of a good day.

Sofi
  5. mom4three

mom4three New Member

I do have to say the good thing that has come out of this is that I don't feel so alone.
    I don't remember a good day but I used to feel so very alone. Thank you all so very much for making me feel better:)
  6. pinkpanda1

pinkpanda1 New Member

I only wish I understood the pattern of good and bad days.
    The good days are not great but the bad ones are so bad that I wonder what the point is to any of this.
    I had 2 good weeks in January and I thanked God every day all day long. I could walk without hurting. I could go places and do things. Life was starting to have meaning again. But unfortunately those days have not been with me in February and March so far.
  7. marw

marw New Member

I have not had more than 2 or 3 good days in the past 4 years! All of the good days were from finally getting a restful night's sleep. But then I was not able to repeat the good sleep pattern and don't know what I did to get it. It just semed to be an accidental thing.

At this point, I concern myself more with the Flares, and trying to prevent them. I go thru each day in a lot of pain, but with medication can be functional part of the day. During a Flare, I cannot function at all! Flares seem to be associated a lot with the weather for me, or with doing a forbidden activity. It's not so much how long I do something as it is what I do, that will bring on a Flare. For example, I try never to vacuum anymore, and have hired someone to do that. Physical stress (not emotional) will bring a Flare, too, such as a medical test that involves fasting.

This is a good question you asked. I will be interested in replies from others.

Thanks for the thread.

Margaret
  8. livin4him

livin4him New Member

Usually the hours are in the afternoon between 2-4. I used to have good days but now it is down to good hours. By good hours, I mean that I can go to the store, etc. Even during those times I don't feel like doing it, but that is the time when my symptoms are less.

Yet, I keep pressing forward, as we all do, searching for those good days again by taking medicine and researching for new treatments.
  9. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I have good moments, or the occasional hour, but never a whole day. Marie
  10. memawwade

memawwade New Member

These replies reflect how I feel too, except for the last year and a half I seem to have gotten much worse and don't even go to the store more than once a week and then only if I really have to, and never to the mall anymore.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/13/2006]
  11. jane32

jane32 New Member

Today was a good day and I was at 65%. I count good days as over 60% of what I would do before I was sick and feel about 60% of my old self.

I use to just have 4-5 a month now I am up to about 9... I would say but it is not like I am out and about just some errands and work around the house. Sometimes I do work from home or go for a drive with my hubby. Even on good days I only have about 5 good hours before I get fatigued but hey it is better then before!!

12. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I rarely have good days but I also am still on crutches. The crutches help my foot but hurts every other part of me. I usually do too much on a good day, and I hurt all over the next. I still haven't learned to balance everything with housework, kids activities, and hubby time. A good day requires a full nights rest and those are hard to come by.
    Angela
  13. hob

hob New Member

it was nice to be able to read everyone's posts and know i am not the only one struggling. I often imagine it isn't real on my good days because you just want to enjoy it and foget that tomorrow will be bad. it is just so nice to say i am not alone.
  14. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Now and then I seem to get a better, thoughnot great, couple of hours.

Feel awful today. Look about 103

Love Anne C
  15. RockiAZ

RockiAZ New Member

It always amazes me when I see the EXACT phrase, wording, description, etc. when referring to FMS/CFIDS. I use the "no rhyme or reason" phrase for when I'll have "good" days, flares, etc. When the "good" days come, I'm ever so thankful for them that I guess I forget to count them! :)

Live, Laugh, Love,
    Rocki
  16. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I think that anytime one has a chronic pain syndrome, the most important thing we need to learn is that a good day is...well, fairly non-existant. Man, that sounds terribly negative, but the fact is that when asked if I am having a good day, I will sometimes answer "yes," only to be in a lot of pain shortly thereafter.

I think that I am finally coming to realise that it is not about having a good day, but living in the moment, or hour, as it may be. I seem to have a window of time somewhere between 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. when I feel fairly normal and I either try and get some work done or just go sit on the patio and count my blessings.

And I am working on educating my husband on this too. It really isn't about good days, but appreciating the hour or hours during the day that we feel better than usual.
  17. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Hope:
    For me they are few and far between.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan

[ advertisement ]