How many had a myelogram pre FM.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pamelasng, Dec 14, 2002.

1. pamelasng

pamelasng New Member

I would really like to know if anyone had a myelogram before they developed the symptoms of FM.If you did what dye was used?. Please beware of having dye injected into your spine, look up chemical arachnoiditis before you even consider it. I would really like to hear from anyone that had this done and had children later in life and if these children developed pain syndromes or other problems. Thanks so much Pam S.
  2. pamelasng

pamelasng New Member

I would really like to know if anyone had a myelogram before they developed the symptoms of FM.If you did what dye was used?. Please beware of having dye injected into your spine, look up chemical arachnoiditis before you even consider it. I would really like to hear from anyone that had this done and had children later in life and if these children developed pain syndromes or other problems. Thanks so much Pam S.
  3. rbtheidmanhabs

rbtheidmanhabs New Member

Hi!
    Yes I had a mylegram in 1982 before my 2nd.back surgery.It was the most horrible thing I ever had done.The doctor that did it at the time hit one of the nerves.There was blood all over the place.It was actually worse than the sugery itself.I will never ever have one done again.
    Bob
  4. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I had a myleogram and have also researched the arachnoiditis. Scary thing especially when it states this DD could be one of the symptoms with it ha. I do not think that too many Doctors' know much about arachnoiditis or even how to detect it. With my last MRI I found two black spots on my spine and questioned what it was. i was told when I went to school for 10 years then I could question the MRI's otherwise don't try reading your own films. He did not know what it was nor did the radiologist. I was told I had a normal reading. My Mom and I both said black spots are scarring doesn't take a "Doctor" to discover that I don't think. It is in the same spot as the myleogram and the 4 epiderals I had in my spine. Hummm makes you wonder ha.
    Good luck on your search,
    Joannie