How many have been denied SSDI because of AGE Education?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by krayon, Jul 2, 2006.

1. krayon

krayon New Member

Just wondering I just got my 2nd denial based on this and when I see that I get really angry...

makes me want to quit even trying and find a cave to crawl in and just lay down... give up

Just a vent thanks everyone for readind

*I have FM and a second they can't figure out*

I'm 35 and a high school graduate

2. krayon

krayon New Member

3. krayon

krayon New Member

4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

don't give up
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

What did they specifically say about your age and Edu.

level that disqualified you from benefits??

MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 07/02/2006]
  6. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

Reading all these posts of the difficulty people have getting disability... How do people who are single, no source of income except their job and they can't work etc., ever survive this lengthy and horrible process? I can understand why the government can't lay itself open to paying fraudulent claims, but for people in dire circumstances this is sure a bad situation. I agree that you should get an attorney to represent you.
  7. justlooking

justlooking New Member

My age and education was almost the same as yours, except I was 34 and had some college (less than a year). I was denied 2 times and then went before an ALJ where I received a Fully Favorable bench decision.

If you don't have an attorney please retain one who specializes in SSDI, they will be able to help you through this.

The letters they send are purposeful in making you want to give up, but don't give up. When you pick yourself up start the next appeals process...you have a limited time (60 days I think) to do it.

Sincerely
    JL
  8. krayon

krayon New Member

I just get so discouraged.

I am not a single parent but have 4 children and it gets hard with just one income. and husband is looking at a layoff at work and I was so wanting it to go thru this time.

Mrdad they just stated that with my age and education that there is some jobs I could still do.(even when I can't hardly walk and sitting causes all the numbness in my arms and legs and the headaches etc...) i could go on but I know that we all deal with this DD..

As for a lawyer I have Allsup working on this so hopefully they will help...

Just a BIG thank you to you all just knowing that people actually understand is so nice.

soft hugs , Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 07/02/2006]
  9. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I would think that if you can well document your illness

and disability, you should be able to qualify for SS.

I really believe that the first two denials are "locked"

into the SSA computer program. Be prepared to have to

take your case to an ALJ and further delays until then.

It can take 1 1/2 to 2 years or more in many cases! See

an Attorney Asap now that you've rec. two denials.

Please keep us Posted,
    MRDAD
  10. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Age 50 is the official "age of non-rejuvination". I was denied as well until I was 50. However I was probably denied because I was dumb enough to defend myself. Bad practice. Lil'
  11. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

now 43. I was 41 when I applied so considered a younger applicant. I have a master's degree. I was just approved on June 29th. As long as your doctors back you up (in writing) and you cannot possibly work, education and age won't make a difference. A good lawyer who knows what he/she is doing doesn't hurt either.
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

I agree with everyone else...

keep at it, and hire a lawyer if you haven't already...

I know someone who was disabled due to FM in her early 30s, she had at least a bachelor's degree if not also a masters.

Just persist, like the proverbial squeaky wheel.

all the best,
    Victoria
  13. krayon

krayon New Member

for all the advice and encouragement... It does help bunches

As for my work I ran a store for nearly 6 yrs. and before I managed it I worked there as a clerk since I was 19 yrs. and it has been over a yr since I have worked.

I can pick up a gallon of milk and make it to the counter with it at times but I can no longer go shoppin my legs and hips don't work right half the time and hurt if I do force myself to do these things..

I was told nearly 2 yrs ago that it was FM after yrs of bein told various things just short of it is all in my head nothin is wrong with you etc...

6 mos. after I was told my Doctor asked if there was anyway I could quit work because things just kept evolving. I said no...(I loved my job and was still in denial and just not ready to stop)

I kept working and my performance (I) was quickly goin down. Forgetting how to do things I had done daily... Having to hire extra people to take up my slack physically etc...

another 6 mos. went by and during a Dr. appointment he looked at me and said "that's it you are disabled, stop. and I hate telling anyone that especially someone your age and I will help you file and write whatever is needed."

I continued to work for 3 mos. well to make a very long story short I stopped workin because I had to and would go back in a heartbeat if I could. I DID NOT ASK FOR THIS DD...as neither of you.

so sorry this is sooo long and I could go on on but it hurts

so again thanks everyone you all are great and very big hearted people and I wish you all well...

soft hugs karen
  14. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I believe I was 20 or 21 when I was approved for my SSD. I had some college education, about a year or so. I had no problem getting it. IF they tell you it is because of your age that is BS!! Keep fighting!! Never give up.

Hugs,
    Stephanie
  15. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Honestly, I think disability should be somewhat of a fight or else many people would get it who don't deserve it and there wouldn't be much for those of us who do. Don't fight yourself - having a lawyer is the best idea.

Mine kept me from having to actually go in front of the judge. My paperwork and my lawyer spoke for me. They really aren't that expensive. You don't pay anything up front. He/she takes his/her fee out of your back pay.

I waited 2.5 years with absolutely no income except very minimal child support that wouldn't even pay half of my house payment. You can find a way. Just don't give up.