How many have had brain MRIS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by darude, Dec 9, 2005.

1. darude

darude New Member

What dd they show. I've had two and have to have a third in January. did anyone have a reation to the contrast glandolium?
    [This Message was Edited on 12/09/2005]
  2. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

Darude,

I have also had 2 brain MRIs. One in Jan 2000 and on in June of this year. Neither revealed anything abnormal. The second even had a special scan of my pititary as well, but again, normal.
  3. darude

darude New Member

WHY are they not doing anything about the tumours??????? I have 40 tiny lesions and a 7mm lesion in pituitary. I have to have another MRi soon and I want something done!!! Neuro said lesions normal course of aging Ya right if I was 100 maybe.
  4. darude

darude New Member

wake me up
  5. jfrustrated

jfrustrated New Member

I had one - one was enough - I found out that I was claustrophic so they had to send me home and I had to go back another day, take valium and wait for it to take effect - it helped a little.

The mri showed a slight leison (sp?) possilbly MS, a diagnosis which was later changed to ME/CFS, since there was no further external, physical deterioration over the next 2 years I would like to have another one to see if there have been any changes, but cost, and fear, prevent it.

I did not have any reaction to the contrast glandolium. Good luck. With three sets of results, you could have a Before and After Evening - just joking. But I do think it is good that you can have any changes picked up.
  6. zerped

zerped New Member

The onset of my disease was Apr. 2002. In May they did an MRI and saw an "irregularity." They said it could be a "shadow"; where I had moved during the procedure (which I know I didn't do). They said they'd take another MRI in Aug. That gave me two months of being convinced I had MS before the next test. The 2nd MRI turned out EXACTLY like the first. So what was the theory at that point? Our old friend "the aging process." Instead of many little tiny "spots" all of the damage is concentrated in one area, so that I have an irregularity the size of half a book of matches that is located in the area of the brain that governs walking and handling skills, conversation and fatigue. I know my HMO doesn't want to do any more testing on me, but I'll ask my primary physician; thanks to your post I'm curious how much more "random aging" my brain has done in the last four years!

7. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

I have had one MRI of my brain last year and it showed a white lesion on my front left lobe. I have to admit it scared me at first but he explained everyone gets them.

I have also asked other doctors who say they come with age just some get them sooner than others I guess.

Lindy
  8. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Mine did not show any abnormality.

To the person with cerebal atrophy and lesions. I have a friend who has been diagnosed with devick ( or maybe devic) syndrome. YOu can look it up on the net. She has lesions and atrophy too. I'm not suggesting you have it, hopefully not. But I know I would have a hard time with "Don't worry its just aging"

9. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Those that are claustrophobic may want to find a place that has an Open MRI. I have had both and much prefer the open one. Nothing encloses you, but a part of the machinery is above the place they are scanning.
  10. darude

darude New Member

Surprising how has pituitary or other lesions!!!!! All have fm or cfs. What is it really?
  11. freeatlast37

freeatlast37 New Member

My one problem was the tech said they found something and just sent me home to worry, the neurosurgeon said I had chiari one malformation and my ventricles were 2 different sizes and go home and not worry. I had a few things to say to the tech that scared me!
  12. darude

darude New Member

They thought I had an anuerysm thats why I had the second and they said ir was a microadenoma or proteinacous cyst. Alson checked all the blood vessels. Have not had one with contrast yet as after 45mins took me out and said injection. I said no way had enough by then. Have to have it this time tho!!!!!
  13. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Showed no problems
  14. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I've had 2 brain scans and 2 MRI's. I have had problems with contrast but that was along time ago and the contrast has changed since then. I passed out and had hives. They did not tell me that they saw any problems. I also had a neurophysicological test which shows cognitive dysfunction and problems in the executive frontal lobe.
  15. tcluna

tcluna New Member

if these are calcium deposits, or white flare spots, its probably caused by a common FM problem - too much glutamate and calcium influx, leading to cell death, a slight seizure disorder. this is why spinally, FM patients hurt, too much glutamate, too little gaba. This is why gaba promoting drugs help the pain, and glutamate blockers help (neueontin, lyrica).

16. kylesmom

kylesmom New Member

I did not have any bad reaction except that my Lands End Mocs nearly flew off my feet! Who knew they had metal in them?!

Anyway, the first time was to rule out tumor, etc, following my abnormal EEG/migraines/etc. That was pre-CFIDS. The second was run by my endocrinologist to rule-out pituitary issues. And I honestly can't remember why I had the other...hmmmm.
  17. roseylisa

roseylisa New Member

I am going in for a brain scan on Monday because of headaches and poor memory.
  18. ourplanet

ourplanet New Member

After they gave me the injection, everything just spun for about 30 minutes, like being sea-sick, even with my eyes closed. It took a lot of concentration not to vomit. I made it and like many others my MRI and spinal tap both came back "normal".
  19. darude

darude New Member

Not looking forward to contrast know gonna get sick. Oh well has to be done! Had to wait 12 hours last time before could get into have it done!