HOW MANY HAVE HAD DENTAL WORK REMOVED?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meditationlotus, Mar 15, 2007.

1. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

Did it help you? I've been reading about mercury and nickel poisoning, and how some people benefit from having their dental work removed.

How expensive was it?

I thought I might try a dental school to keep the cost down.

What type of dental work did you use as a replacement?
    Was it expensive?

What is the least expensive way to go about this?

Thanks
  2. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

I haven't had mine remove yet, however if you do, I would go to someone who specializes in it. They "typical" dentist doesn't have any training in how to safely remove mercury fillings. If they don't take precautions, you could end up more poisoned. I don't know if a dental school would know about that or not...
  3. meditationlotus

Anyone else tried this? Thanks
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I had all my amalgams removed about 2 years ago. I had tested high for mercury. I agree that it is important to have a dentist that knows the precautions. Mercury is very neuro toxic.
    I am still detoxing the mercury but my levels are down. I am certainly better than I was. It was expensive! I'm in Canada but I'm quite sure it will be expensive anywhere.

Take your time; it's a big decision and you will likely need to follow up with a detox program.

Kathy
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

Expensive to have them removed. However when I first found on a urine provocation test that I was very high on Mercury, I was told both by my CFID MD and the merc-free dentist that since most of my amalgams were so old, that I could probably take my time getting them removed (properly).

So I chelated orally with DMPS, got re-tested with the urine provocation test and tested almost 0 for mercury so was okay...

I did later follow up getting them all removed.

I did not feel better after chelation or after removal, but didn't feel worse. Oddly tho I did feel better while chelating (no added vitamins), then went back to feeling the same.

Still I'm happy to have gotten it all out. Being too high on heavy metals of any kind is obviously not good! - and can only ultimately help my immune system.

all the best,
    Victoria

6. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

I had my mercuries out 20 years ago, by a normal dentist.
    My symptoms did not get either better or worse, so in my case, no difference whatsoever.

Having them out only ruled out the possibility that they were causing my problems. In the long run it turned out that many of my symptoms were from disc damage, and inner ear damage. I'm diagnosed FM.

7. meditationlotus

for mercury poinsoning. I don't have health insurance. Any idea on how I can be tested and treated for mercury poinsoning cheaply?

Thanks
  8. victoria

victoria New Member

The best way to be tested is thru a urine provocation test - for me a hair test did not show I was high...

As far as chelating it, many do IVs but it is expensive. The cheaper way is to use DMPS, altho I don't remember how much it cost.

I believe chlorella can also help. . . but either way you go, you will want to monitor before and after treatment effects.

SO IMHO bottom line is using the urine provocation test... depending on your state, you may be able to see a naturopath or similar, which would help with costs.

And some doctors are understanding. The doctor I worked with when I was tested would let me order the kit directly from the lab, which cut my cost drastically since the doctor was not acting as the 'middle-man'.

all the best,
    Victoria

9. acer2000

acer2000 New Member

Get Cutlers books and get a hair analysis from Doctor's data. It will give you some idea if you are dealing with heavy metals. Note that with mercury, if you are really poisoned, or genetically can't get rid of it, you may show no mercury in your hair, but all of the other minerals may be way out of range.... so it can be deceiving.
  10. romalaw

romalaw Member

Yes I did and it was expensive. I went to a dentist who specializes in removal. Even so, it threw me into a big time relapse. Looking back, I think I should have taken the process much slower, one tooth at a time, stretched out over a period of time. I hesitated to post this because I hate to send discouraging news to anyone who's looking for a treatment to improve their health. Everyone's system is different.

Insurance did cover it because I was basically insured under both my husband and myself. Another advantage to taking it slow is that you can max out your insurance for the year and then wait until the next year to have more removed.
  11. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I just got my last amalgams removed two weeks ago. I did it through a regular dentist because of insurance covering it. I feel worse so far. So I will be doing over the counter metal removers next.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/16/2007]
  12. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

i did.
    had like 8 fillings removed and replaced with the white composite fillings. Didnt help at all. Im still glad i did it but for health reasons it wasnt a cause for me. I didnt react well to the numbing shot either.
  13. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Like my sister said, mine where removed on Monday. I had 13 removed and replaced with porcelain. My fillings were all old and the total costs was $2,200. My insurance paid for 1,600 and I paid about 600. The only reason I had to pay so much was that I wanted sedation so I could sleep through the whole procedure. Insurance won't pay for that and it cost 250.

It took them 4 hours and they thought it would take 3. They said they should have done it in two visits, but I'm so glad it's over!! Happy to have that metal out of my mouth!!

Before considering doing this, I would have a hair analysis done to determine if it's necessary. My hair anaylsis showed High mercury. I grind my teeth, so I probably got exposure that way. And prior dentists removed a few fillings to replace without using proper precautions.

Blood tests won't tell the whole story unless you have a recent exposure. Mercury gets into your tissue and that doesnt' show in a blood test.
  14. GigglePoet

GigglePoet New Member

Hello Meditation,
    I had all of mine removed, most of them were put in in 1979, 13 to be exact. The doctor that removed them really was not aware of the importance of the correct removal, lucky for me I got a long ok. I will say that I really noticed no difference in my health having removed them, but the damage was already done by then. I was blessed to have been given a small inheritance from my Grandmother when she passed aawy and that is what I used to take care of the cost of all my dental work. mine were replaced with the stuff they are using these day's but if I get any crowns they are porceline and I belive those have gold inside but I just straight porceline if it is in the front of mouth where it can be see. Best luck friend!
    ~ Dee
  15. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

I had all 10 amalgams replaced in Oct. 2005. I then did intensive chelating with several DMPS IV's. I was doing it mainly to help me beat the candida and I think it did help. I was hoping it would help with the fatigue issue but have since realized that was from undertreated thyroid/adrenal so am addressing that and doing much better.

I too, am glad I did it, just nice to know I no longer have any metal in my body. I've gotten very health conscious through all this nightmare and want to do everything possible to help.

I used my regular dentist as a bio was just too expensive. They were instructed to suction vigorously as I did not want to ingest any material. I had all 10 done at once and then went straight to the medical institute I was using and hooked up to a DMPS IV. The dental fee was $1400.00 and my insurance paid $1000.00. The IV's, not sure would have to pull out statements and add but probably cost $2000.00 to $3000.00 total and my insurance reimbursed me 70%. The process was expensive but never regretted it.

Deb
  16. meditationlotus

Sounds like it is pretty expensive. Probably will have to wait.