How many have hypothyroid?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suzyp51, Aug 15, 2005.

1. suzyp51

suzyp51 New Member

I have autoimmune disease: Hashimotos hypothyroid.....am wondering how many others have thyroid conditions or autoimmune disease as well as the Fibromyalgia??
    [This Message was Edited on 08/15/2005]
  2. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

Suzy:

I have hypothyroid along with hyperparathyroid disease so my body never knows what to do. I think with the thyroid disease it makes it more difficult only because that is where all my weight issues are related too.

Here with you,

take care,
  3. zuzu2

zuzu2 New Member

hi suzy,
    i also have hashimoto's thyroiditis, which is an autoimmune disease. i had hypo- alternating with hyper-thyroidism until i went on synthroid. hashimoto's caused the alternating thyroid conditions with the weight gain alternating with weight loss. i also have cfids, fm, neurological and heart problems. zuzu
    [This Message was Edited on 08/15/2005]
  4. Tic2000

Tic2000 New Member

I have had hypothyroidism for probably 10 yrs, also have Raynauds.
  5. Tiels

Tiels New Member

have had hypothyroid dx since 1988
  6. Dara

Dara New Member

but it's because I had my thyroid removed in February. I just started taking Synthroid in April.

I have thyroid cancer so the protocol is to take me from hypo to hyperthyroid. Then stop my medication so I become hypo again and start all over.

What a pain this is. I'm miserable enough with the Fibro, without adding the hypothyroid along with it.

Dara
  7. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Count me in on both FMS and hypothyroidism. Unfortunately, from what I have read, this is pretty common.

Ellen
  8. twerp

twerp New Member

diagnosed about 8 years ago.

Hugs,
    Twerp
  9. reeann926

reeann926 New Member

My thyroid levels consistantly test low, although my doctor doesn't think I need medication for it. I may be looking for another doctor, because I am exhausted all day long.
  10. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Have had hypothyroidism since I was 9 years old. That is 47 years total for me. Have had FM for 10 years definitely and probably had it a longer time than that. Just didn't know what it was...

Hugs,
    Faye
  11. Krista47

Krista47 New Member

Yep, my poor old doggie and I both have it. She responded much better to the meds than I did. I'm jealous, she looks great and acts all perky again. I'm still struggling:).

Kris