How many have pain and fatigue as separate events?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Apr 15, 2006.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have noticed with me that many times when I am experiencing extreme fatigue, my pain is less(or maybe just less noticable) and when I am not fatigued, I have pain.

Except for a few incidences, my pain is generally mild, like bruising, except for my lower back which hurts more.

The last 2 weeks I have been in a flare and exhausted alot of the time and I just realized this morning that my pain is different and not really noticable, but I have more stiffness when sitting for long periods of time.

I just wondered how many of you have noticed this phenomenon?

Love,
    Sonya
    [This Message was Edited on 04/15/2006]
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I put it down to the fact that I try and do more when not in pain. Don't know how relevant thta is.

LOve Anne C
  3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

That could very well happen, and sometimes does with me, but this time it is the fatigue where you get up and shower and then are exhausted and need to rest.

So far, I have made it to work though. I thank God for what I can do because I know that many are not that fortunate.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Sonya
  4. zerped

zerped New Member

My symptoms first showed up four years ago. In the beginning it was dizziness with no pain. Four days later I got a really bad headache, and it's been four years now. In the last few months I've had a few days where I'll have an intermitent headache, some mental confusion, and bad fatigue; all at the same time.

I STILL have to fight myself after a good day; to do no more than the day before, and to make having a good tomorrow my #1 priority. If I look at it that way, I make some (tiny) progress. I relate to what others have said. On days when the fatigue is really bad, I'm kinda missing the pain!

5. zion1971

zion1971 New Member

greetings everyone!

i know that the two are different in my case. when one is worse, the other is nonexistent. i suffer from both cfids and fm. i have chronic pain in my upper back, neck and shoulder blade areas. nothing seems to help. when i am not in pain, i literally cannot do more than get out of bed and sit on my sofa.

to be honest, the pain is better because i can at least take something that puts it in the background. with severe fatigue, NOTHING helps but total bedrest. as a result, i feel like a big blob on those days.
  6. jane32

jane32 New Member

the fatigue is less. I talked to my Dr. and the FFc and he reallys believes that FM and CFS are th same illness and when you are in one zone you complain more about pain and when you are leaning towards the CFS side you have more fatigue. It really makes sense but I am sure their a tons that disagree about them beign the same illness.
  7. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

the fatigue makes you feel like you are swimming through jello with no energy to do anything and what you can do is at a snails pace with no enthusiasm at all.

Since my pain is mild, I too think it is the lesser of two evils except the pain that feels like the flu and your whole body aches like a bad tooth. THAT is hell on earth.

Thanks everyone.

Sonya
  8. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

9. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

today my back, leg and hip pain has returned, so we will see how the fatigue is.

I do experience fatigue with pain (we will call it tiredness) but not like that wading through wet cement feeling.

Time will definitely tell, but I am not feeling too energetic today so far and all I have done is shower and dress.

Sonya
  10. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Sonya:

When deep, deep fatigue hits me I am in such a rest stage the FM pain seems less. As the fatigue lifts the pain increases. (For me).

nyrofan