How many have really Bad ,Thick ,Sticky scalps?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Jun 1, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

over the last couple months my scalp has gotten really bad.

It is all over my head behind my ears and around my scalp hairline .Very embarrassing

Its a thick sticky white stuff.Its not dandruff. I can wash my hair with green tea shampoo and it will remove some of it but within hours it will return .

It itches also.Its like something is pouring out of my pours on my head.YUCK!
    Does anyone have any idea what this is and how to get rid of it?
    Any home remedies ?
    I do not think it is Psoriasis its not dry or scaly
  2. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Yeah...I got that too! I have had it since I was a kid. Dr. says it is yeast coming out of my skin. Fun. Once, in awhile you can use olive oil or baby oil and then gently scrap if off with a comb. Then wash your hair like 6 times to get the oil out.
  3. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I have had this for years and noone , not even my hairdresser can explain it...

It is not dandruff and it does get worse in the winter months too...

Head & Shoulders makes a product called DRY SCALP CARE, I use that for a week or so when it's at its worst and it decreases it quite a bit...

I believe it has something to do with my conditions because when I took prednisone recently for Crohn's, it cleared up completely for the first time ever almost immediately after starting it...

My Dad also had this since his RA came on, I wonder what the connection is...
  4. carebelle

carebelle New Member

My hair dresser told me today that her dad gets this and its from his RA.
    I do not have RA.
    Do the symptoms ever stop with us?I think this is just another connection in how our bodys are falling apart.

5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Sounds like a baby with cradle cap or thrush which is caused by yeast. Have you done a yeast detox?

6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

How do you do a yeast detox
  7. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Due to my symptoms and my bloodwork (highest RA factor he ever saw, besides my Dad's), he believed I had RA but it was in 'remission'...

I know in my soul that I have RA, somehow connected with my Dad, he agreed with me...He has been the only doc with an open-minded approach and the only one who feels this way...Although I had a fantabulous physiatrist at one time who thought we may be onto something...That doc was also the first one to give me the label of FMS even though his colleagues thought he was a 'little off'...

Somehow we will get to the bottom of all this, it's too darn scary and life-altering that we need to find the cures for all our dd's...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

All this is very scary.I just found out that my very best friend also has Fibo .That means my two best friends I spent most of my time with we all have it.Somthing to that I think.
    We grew up together and because Ive moved all over threw the years we have not really shaired our health problems with each other until recently.
    We are writeing more on the computer to each other.Its hard when you have these DD's.
    But its getting very scarie when you look around and see so many of your friends and family have it.And the government is afraid of the Bird flu?What about this?
  9. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

I have been fighting this stuff for years.

It had gotten very, very bad, with scaling and white stuff, and SMELLED. Behind my ears, it smelled yeasty, even after shampooing and washing.

I had kept it partially at bay with prescription shampoo, but suddenly it DISAPPEARED.

I was seeing the FCC, and had taken yeast treatment for over three months and that hadn't effected it, but suddenly, it just cleared.

I am going to have to review what I was taking them, and what I took around the time it cleared. My hairdresser couldn't believe it. One week it was awful, and then it was GONE.

I am beginning to have symptoms of it again.

During that time, I had this recurrent sinus problem, and they finally put me on 14 days of Levaquin, and I think that is when it cleared.

I am just going to have to sit down and look at everything.

It really concerns me because I just developed a small boil under my axilla and it was regular, not methicillin resistant staph. I can't help but believe that, somehow, this is all connnected.
  10. JLH

JLH New Member

I have been battling the same thick, white, crusty, scaly patches on my scalp for a long time. I hate this stuff.

I have numerous bottles of special shampoos, like T-gel, and even prescription strength shampoos.

The dermatologist gave me 2 prescriptions for steroid-type drops to put on my scalp.

It may get better one day and the next day it's back.

I can put baby oil on my scalp and cover with a plastic cap and sleep with it on overnight, get up the next morning and scrape all of it out with a fine-toothed comb, wash my hair and it will be gone. Just a bright red scalp left from scraping it all out. The very next day ... it is back! Ugh! You just can't get rid of it.

If anyone finds something to get rid of it for good .... please let me know!!!!!!!

11. tawnyt

tawnyt New Member

I know this is a long time after the original post but you asked what to do for this. How to get rid of Candida. <BR>
    1) Get oregano oil (a good brand, but doesn't have to be really expensive) and put drops in your hand and coat your scalp at night before you go to bed (wear a wrap to protect your bed) also put some in your shampoo and liquid body soap. Wash hair next morning. While your doing this go on a good probiotic. Do this for 1 week. Then give it a couple of days without the oregano oil.<BR>
    2) Then start taking threelac. You will probably have to take it for a year or so. So make budgetary allowances for it. You can get it all Amazon if you don't want to give out your credit card info online.<BR>
    3) Cut down your sugar intake. Fruits are no problem but no cokes, candies, cookies, cupcakes, cake or any kind of desert. This will cut down the effectiveness of the treelac and oregano. Occasionally cheating is ok if you it really do it small and far between. <BR>
    The object is to kill off the Candida but not the threelac that's eating the candida. Yeah, threelac is a yeast made just to eat candida, but you may have to take it for quite a while and if you over do the sugar you may have to take it again later to kill candida again. <BR>
    The oregano oil is to start you off better and get the ball rolling faster. Oregano oil can sap iron from your body, so if you start getting tired, you may need iron. If you have a really bad case of Candida like me you may have horrible headaches. I have migraines already but this was the worst, it only happened a couple of times. But I would rather feel normal with no blurred vision, no headaches, neck aches, itchy scalp, bloating, tired feeling, depression... <BR>
    and the list goes on and on with candida. I am not a doctor and I am only telling you what I did to help anyone out there that has the same white, sticky, gooey stuff on their scalp like me.<BR>
    Hope this helps.
    <br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 06/26/2011</i>]