How many have tested NEGATIVE for Lyme from Igenex?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sickasadog, Aug 24, 2005.

1. sickasadog

sickasadog New Member

I have been reading many of the posts questioning the increasing number of positive lyme test results from igenex labs. I am going to be having that test in the future and I would just like to know how many of you have tested negative for this test so I can stop my self-doubt and confusion about this issue. If what they are saying is true and Igenex only produces positive results, than what am I to do with the result anyway? Question whether I really do have lyme if i get a positive result, and then decide not to seek treatment, thereby risking every getting my health back or accept the result as accurate and begin unnecessary long term abx treatment with lots of risks only to find out the test was wrong!!

Please respond if you have any input about this issue and if you tested negative for igenex test. Also, since chronic Lyme is such a controversial topic right now and it has been established that several people on the board do not believe in this diagnosis, I would appreciate it if these comments not be repeated in this post as it just upsets people that have lyme or seriously think they do.

Thanks
  2. sickasadog

sickasadog New Member

For those that do not believe in chronic lyme, I totally respect your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. I did not mean to exclude these people by asking them not to post. I just want some info from members who have tested negative or know someone who tested negative from Igenex. Thanks.
  3. lilbird

lilbird New Member

This is a good question. One I have been asking myself. So I'm bumping you so we can get some aswers
  4. sickasadog

sickasadog New Member

thank you!
  5. sickasadog

sickasadog New Member

6. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

i tested negative for lyme through igenex. it wasn't even borderline. all bands were negative except for two that were inconclusive.

eddie
  7. tansy

tansy New Member

like those used at Bowen and Igenex are coming up positive then one or more borrelia strains are present; some doctors, like my own, refer to the illnesses they cause as either lyme disease or chronic borreliosis.

The best places to ask about negative test results are the message boards used by more PWLD. Some of us have already confirmed we know of negative results, and false negatives, but reading more first party reports would no doubt be more convincing.

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/24/2005]
  8. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I tested negative with Igenix too. Lynn
  9. sickasadog

sickasadog New Member

bump for some more input. thank you
  10. dontlikeliver

dontlikeliver New Member

The main thing to remember is that it is a clinical diagnosis, so you (you/your doctor) should not put all the 'weight' on the test anyway.

DLL
  11. sickasadog

sickasadog New Member