How many have tremors associated w/ FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by holiday16, Mar 26, 2009.

1. holiday16

holiday16 New Member

Curious how many have this as a symptom.
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

Funny (not haha) you should ask. I woke up this morning and am having pretty bad tremors in my arms and hands today.

have had these before in legs also.thru body

3. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

at times, througout my illness, but never constant.

the times they have happened were when i was having a bad flare, or after over-exerting myself.
  4. romalaw

romalaw Member

I've had them too. A very disturbing symptom--sent me to a neurologist because I was sure I had Parkinsons or something even worse. All tests were negative. I seem to be able to keep them pretty much in remission with large doses of magnesium and a small daily dose of klonopin.
  5. yes but I don't think its fibro? Have u been told this is fibro? It makes me so nervous, there is a post I just posted on I'M GOING CRAZY thread.
  6. vivian53

vivian53 Member

I have tremors intermittently. The are very fine and not obvious to others. I also have a quaking feeling inside like I am shaking. It is the type of feeling I have with extreme anxiety but without the anxiety. I'm interested to see how many others have this symptom.

7. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

sometimes they are minor, and not noticeable, sometimes they are quite obvious, & sometimes they feel like they are just inside of me (like I had a lot of caffeine, even though I don't consume it anymore)....sometimes it feels like my head is too heavy for my neck and I can't keep it from shaking.....sometimes it's something like my hand shaking, sometimes, it's larger muscles....sometimes it seems to be a fairly regular contained vibrating pattern and sometimes it is more like violent jerks...when that happens it seems to be an exaggeration of whatever motion I am trying to do at the I was standing and moving my legs to music and they wanted to move farther and faster than I was trying to move them, that also happens a lot when I try to's like once my hand and fingers start to make the motion , they want to go way further and faster than I want them to, so my printing and handwriting is pretty much impossible to read
  8. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Tremors are very common with borrelia burgdorferi infection (lyme disease).

Many people who originally were diagnosed with FMS or CFS later found out the cause of their syndromes (just a set of symptoms) was a borrelia infection.

Here is a good booklet with a great symptom checklist in the back:

If you have any questions, please leave posts for me on the lyme board.
  9. Pennygirl2

Pennygirl2 New Member

Hi vivian and others. Yes I not only have the tremers in hands but tingling in feet and the shakes inside that I call earthquakes. They feel so very odd, don't they? This is so crazy-making, this DD. Or I should all the maladies I think I have. Penny
  10. Pennygirl2

Pennygirl2 New Member

I have the same problem as you AuntTammie, with my writing. It comes out not like I intend it to. Like I misspell things I always knew how to spell and put in extra letters and it just doesn't go along smoothly. It is amost unreadable sometimes. I also have problems with speaking. Sometimes I think it is just gibberish, sort of. Not quite. Sometimes I just stop and start again like actors in outtakes. I am not as amusing as them though. Too bad, maybe I would get a good laugh out of it. Penny
  11. texasrose204

texasrose204 New Member

have problems with tremors, shaking with my legs and hands. I notice it most when i have over done it. My legs are tired have a hard time walking and my legs will tremor and have a hard time taking the next step. I have been telling my rheum. this for the last year and 2 mths ago i have a episode in his office. The nurse saw me and got me to a chair and they were all upset and got the phys. assist. who was near and she said i needed to see my neuro. i told her the other dr there says it is my fibro. They even got me a wheelchair and took me to my car when i left. It does bother me alot that i do this and when i had a sleep study done i did it and they said fibro doesnt do this. It just never seems to end and i am getting tired of going to dr's. I also have the problem with my words, spelling etc makes me feel down right stupid at times!
  12. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Muscle spasms or jumping muscles, everyday. It was one of my very first symptoms. And it hasn't stopped in all these years. I get them everywhere. It can be better with high doses of magnesium, but it never fully goes away. I hate it. I've been told to "ignore" it. Oh, yeah, like you can ignore that your muscles are jumping around. It's like a daily reminder that you're not okay.

I don't know if it's neurological damage or a parasitic infection. I've always wondered. All I know is, it doesn't go away.
  13. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I have the word problems, too....sometimes the things I wind up saying are kind of funny, but most of the time it's just frustrating and I wind up feeling like I sound like an idiot....when I'm really tired, I swear I lose every other word....and i used to be really good with thing I have found, though, is that i can usually still play word games pretty well....I think it's bc when I am playing them, I'm relaxed and at the same time focused, so all the usual distractions and other input that gets in the way during a conversation is not present
  14. dehart

dehart New Member

All these things are happening to me & have been for a while. If I eat something early in am, then work hard, my whole body trembles. Sometimes to the point that I have to sit down & just breath real hard. Many times I shake so bad (this can be anytime during the day) that I can't even write. I hold the pen with both hands to try to make something legible.

Many times in the night, my arm or leg will just swing out. I've hit my husband in the head a couple of times (real fun when he's sound asleep, believe me). It usually wakes me up, but I've no idea why/what's causing it.

I always feel a slight tremor throughout my body. It's been going on so long, I guess I just ignore it now. No answers, just wanted to reply to your question.
  15. has anyone mentioned these tremors to your dr or been tested? I really don't think its fibro related. It scares me to think it may be parkinsons.
  16. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I was scared about parkinson's too, but I've read enough about it (and about fibro and cfs) to believe that it is not parkinson's, and is just another fun part of this dd....for me at least, the other parkinson's symptoms are not present (like the frozen muscles and lack of emotional expression, the shortened gait, etc).....there is no conclusive test for parkinson's, either, though
  17. RatsWife

RatsWife New Member

I don't know if what I have are tremors or not.

My body will jerk sharply.

I'm an artist and painting's become impossible as I once did it. Portraits are a thing of my past. My hand will jerk with no warning. ZIP painting ruined. Etc.

Nor can I do anything important like putting an adhesive type decal on something because my hand will jerk.

I double type alot, too.

Applying mascara? Can you say clown face?

It's an asset when I'm chopping veggies though! LOL! Unless my left hand gets in the way... just teasing. I've learned to be extremely careful.

Seems to be more right side than left.
    Never existed until the FM expressed itself in 2002.
  18. dannybex

dannybex Member

...can be a side effect of certain drugs, and also an effect of tapering off of a drug.

Of course they can be symptoms of illness too, but if your tremor has come on within a few weeks or months of starting a new drug, it could be a side effect of the drug...

Just something to think about...

19. Me too , I just had it, sitting in a chair and it felt like my body was vibrating alot. WHAT IS IT? That is scary and a really strange feeling.