How many have u tried strict diets/fruit-veges for fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gbean, Jul 29, 2003.

1. gbean

gbean New Member

Hi,
    I've noticed a few people on the board who said they feel better on the atkins diet.
    I was wondering if anyone ever tried juice fasting-eating only fruits and veges and felt any better?
  2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

HI! , I was a vegetarian when started wbw.I found need to change do to IBS. I can't say I "eat", I do cosume much soup,high protiens,soy intolerant~~~~~I have noticed very many cultures and styles of food thanks to FM. It is an upbeat part for me :)! peace,ez
  3. gbean

gbean New Member

I guess the diet question isn't popular.
    EZ, I'm sorry about the IBS. I was wondering-do u get bad trapped gas that is painul with IBS? Sometimes I get such bad trapped gas that I can't sleep at all. The only thing that helps is a colonic. And do you only eat a lot of soup because of the IBS-are able to eat bean soups like split pea? (my favorite).When u say u eat proteins do you eat meat?
    K-you aren't sure if raw diet will work for fibro. Do you have only cfs and not fibro? I'm glad the diet works for u.
    I've tried the diet some but get such bad painful gas that I can't even sleep.
    Gena
  4. gbean

gbean New Member

5. fibrojewel

fibrojewel New Member

I was going to start a new thread about the Atkins Diet. Thank you so much!
    I was one the Atkins for the last two weeks, and then I slowly got off! BOY!! Did I feel it then! For the first time I was able to say that refined sugars and white flour I KNOW is making me hurt. My hands so sore I can hardly type today. Also weather moving in to Dallas/ FT worth area so I do not feel good anyway. But I felt better than I had in a long time as long as I was on Atkins. Fruits and veggies don't bother me, it's the bad stuff that does.

Thanks for your post!
    *fibrojewel*
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I have severe food allergies, so while I do not eat a diet of ONLY fruits & veggies, my diet is very strict & consists mainly of fruits & veggies (most of which I am not allergic to, luckily). I also eat brown & wild rice, poultry & a few fish. That's pretty much it. I have definitely noticed that I feel better on this diet, mainly in the amount of energy I have (I only learned of these allergies 6-7 mos. ago, so haven't been doing it too long). I have also lost 25 lbs. No starchy carbs, I guess. Anyway, I don't know what I'd feel like on a fruit/veggie ONLY diet, but I DO feel better on a MAINLY fruit/veggie diet.

Hugs,
    Pam
  7. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

I tried a strictly fruit/veggie diet for about ten days and ended up totally exhausted. I already am gluten intolerant, so I don't get many carbs as it is. But I decided to try the high-protein thing and immediately felt much better. Now I eat just meat and veggies, a little fruit occasionally, and get my grains from either corn tortillas, brown rice, fresh corn, or millet - but only about 1 serving a day of grains. I still feel I'm not getting what I need, but I think it's because of long-term IBS, so I don't think I can even absorb what I really need. I'm seeing a naturopath now whose big thing is amino acids - so I'll let you know how it turns out in a few weeks.