HOW MANY HAVE USED RESCUE REMEDY?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeanne-in-Canada, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I'm thinking of trying it to help take the edge of SAD at this time of year. W/ FM and chemical sensitivity year round, come SAD season, I feel like its just one too many things to cope w/.

I'm already on an a.d., St. John's Wort and do light therapy.

jeanne
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

It comes in a spray, cream and as drops. I used the drops in food/drink. It helps keep me (and my cats!) calm. It might help you too.

God Bless.
  3. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Too lazy to do a search..LOL

Never heard of it.
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

and use it when I feel any type of stress or a panic attack coming on. If after 15 min. the feeling isn't gone, I take another few drops, every 15 min. until I feel better.

Hermitlady, Rescue Remedy is a Bach Flower Remedy that some people find useful.

Pepper
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Mellow like a nice cup of herbal tea is a good description, I think.

Make sure that you buy a good brand of St. John's Wort, with information about being standardized for both hypericin and hyperforin on the package. A lot of the stuff out there has very little active ingredient in it, and hyperforin may be even more important in whether the product works than hypericin. I use Pure Encapsulations. If you're not getting an effect, try a different brand ((probably one of the more expensive brands).
  6. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I take Ativan daily, maybe I could try that sometime.
  7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I didn't know they made that for people! They sell it to calm dogs at the training center I go to. People use it to keep there dogs from panicing during 4th of July or thunder storms.

Never thought of trying it myself! Now I'm gonna have to check into it.

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  8. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Jeanne, I use it a lot and it really does take the edge off. It works for much of my anxiety. There are times when I need the Ativan but not often.

Kathy
  9. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

At health food stores probably???

Maybe that might also help my daughter, she needs something to calm her down at times. She's bipolar and autistic. Wonder if it's ok to mix it w rx drugs?
  10. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

many times over many years. It does no harm. It may do good.

Love Anne
  11. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I use it and love it.

(I hate doctor's and dentist's appointments and use it to keep from panicking.)
  12. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I have some. I used to take it in the morning instead of alprazolam, because I was afraid the alprazolam would be too sedating. Anymore, I just wait at least 1/2 hour and take the alprazolam.
  13. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I bought a bottle and only used it a couple of times. I forgot about it until I read an article about it recently. I think I will try it again. I definitely going to use it on my dog.

I do remember you can certainly tell it has an alcohol base.
  14. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

It's true about the alchohol base, which is unfortunate.

Also, another point to make is that for some people it doesn't work at ALL. The only way to find out if it works for you is to try it.
  15. Jeanne-in-Canada

Seems to be quite a popular thing here. I got some at the grocery store (they have a health section). I have a bag full of supplements I'll be giving away to my environmental doctor's office, so I was leery of trying another.

It was only $9 for adropper bottle. I think I should have tried the cream though, seem to have better luck w/ them. So many homeopathics make me feel pretty sick, I can usually only take a fraction of the recommended dose. So I tried a half dose (2 drops) and felt higher than a kite and nauseaus in no time. I was trying to watch House and the 1st 10 mins was pretty blurry and hard to pay attn. It took about an hour for my stomache to stop pitching, typical w/ me and homeopathics until I find the just right dose, if I do.

I didn't have anymore pain that night though. We had did a bunch of shopping and because of chemical sensitivity, I usually have major major pain after, and I had none. Not sure if that's significant or not.

Occasionally, all the FM "rules" my body follows, ie. activities that you "know" will bring on uber-flare just up and don't. So, I'll only know if I try again and see a pattern. It did NOT help w/ depression at all, still have a little cry later, but pain relief would be a good perk.

Jeanne
  16. Jeanne-in-Canada

tried just one drop today and seemed to sit well. I'm having a pretty good day too.

One perk of being so sensitive even to homeopathics, is a bottle tends to last a llllloooooong time.

Jeanne
  17. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

After seeing the discussion here about it, I picked some up at the health food store. Thought I'd give it a try. I take Ativan when anxiety hits, so I'll give this a shot. Thanks for the info.
  18. webintrig

webintrig New Member

it is called rescue remedy?

Thanks for sharing,
  19. ladykew

ladykew New Member

I take a lot of prescription meds, one is Effexor and the dosage is 375 mg. I'm trying to get off all my meds and go all natural...but I'm scared silly hearing about all the bad effects of Effexor. I'd love to not have to take Ativan because it makes me VERY sick at my stomach.. Yech! My Psyc won't give me Xanax. So Rescure Remedy would be a Godsesnd to me. Anyone take Effexor and still use the RESCUE REMEDY?
  20. Jeanne-in-Canada

It is subtle, but I've noticed a definite pattern that when I take my one drop (that's all I need, how economical) it always takes the edge off.

I highly doubt it interferes w/ other meds, doesn't seem to clash w/ any of mine.

Jeanne