How many have won their Disability case on Fibro only?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tinaeve, Oct 17, 2005.

1. tinaeve

tinaeve New Member

Hi. It is going opn 2 yrs now since i first filed. I filed for fibro and depression. It was a year last month that my lawyer requested a hearing before a judge. I am so frustated!! Ans scared that Fibro alone is not enough.

So, I am curious as to how many have won this way.And hope to hear words of encouragement. Thanks,tinaeve
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

not worry about. i know my attorney a couple of years ago told me she won her case fro someione o n fibro alone. but you have also stated you have depression. remember you attorney doesn't get a dime if you do not get anythiong. just try to get the hearing as soon as possible just so you can aliviate your spinning mind.

i too deal with a mind tht just thinks too much but that is part of my disability. and you may not get ssdi because of the fibro maybe you will win it based on your depression. and in the long run who cares of the reason why you got approved. it can also be for the combination of both or more things that are going on with yous.

so don't worry and remember you will prevail it just takes so much time to go through the motions of the darn process.

hang in there and keep your chin up
  3. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

my understanding is that "fibromyalgia" is not on the ssdi's list of official disabilities. one of the first things they do when they receive your application, is check the afflictions you've listed against this list. depression however IS on the list, so your lawyer will likely focus on the depression. i've taken advice received on this board and listed everything i can think on the front page of my app: fibro, cfids, ibs, anxiety, depression, back and leg pain, chronic headaches and allergies. they need to see the big picture!

good luck at your hearing!
    eddie