How many here do not dream when you sleep?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tigerlily787, Jul 3, 2010.

1. tigerlily787

tigerlily787 New Member

I have always felt a correlation between my dreaming and my wellbeing. If I don't dream, I don't feel well ... at all.

Can you sign this post or comment if you do not dream at night or are not aware that you do?

2. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi Tigerlily - I always remember my dreams now, however, I never feel good when I wake up in the morning. In the days long before CFS, I never remembered my dreams back then and I always woke up feeling good.

About four years before I first came down with CFS I read a book about training yourself to remember your dreams at night. Since that time I have always been able to remember at least one dream, if not several, upon awakening.

(ps - Like your name!)
  3. barb62

barb62 New Member

Hi Tigerlily, I find I dream much less since contracting this dd. When I do dream I wake up immediately and have a terrible time going back to sleep. My sleep patterns are so messed up at this time I rarely sleep more than an hour or two straight. I guess I am just not getting to that dream state most of the time. Also I am exhausted most of time. I swear I would pay a million bucks for just one good nights sleep! Take care, Barb
  4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I also used to have vivid dreams. I have RLS and don't go into REM or deep sleep. I am now diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea and have a CPAP. The longer I have been on it, the more REM and restorative sleep I am getting as my sleep is not as interrupted. It still is occasionally from FM or RLS but certainly not like before.

When I had the first study several months ago where they discovered the apnea, I had very little REM or restorative/slow wave sleep. With the second none. So they had to extrapolate the setting of the CPAP and adjust it accordingly. The CPAP actually records data and knows when you stop breathing. However, it is not as sophisticated as the machines used in a sleep lab. I now have the setting where the machine adjusts the pressure within a certain range.

It's kind of like sleeping with a robot. Kind of creepy to think this machine can do that much. NOw if it could only serve me breakfast in bed!!

Edited as I did not put in some of the words that would make this post coherent!! :>}[This Message was Edited on 07/03/2010]
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

My situation is kinda like Barb's. Insomnia, a few hours of sleep here and there, naps
    during the day, etc.

What I have noticed is the effect of my antidepressants on dreams. With one
    I didn't remember dreaming at all. then I took one that gave me enough plots
    for several movies.

The dream I have most often now is the dream where nothing happens. Just
    waiting vaguely for something. A meeting to start. Some unknown
    person to arrive. Maybe walking down the street, but not really going
    anywhere. Sorta dismal really.

Been about half a century since I had a pleasant dream like flying.

6. rocky76

rocky76 Member

I never Dream...
  7. Jayna

Jayna New Member

Lately I"ve been dreaming so hard, and been so active in them, that I often wake up feeling completely exhausted and out of breath.
  8. Yucca13

Yucca13 Member

It seems as if I only deam when I've had some trauma going on in my life, especially if someone close to me dies. When I do dream, I only remember the dream for a couple of minutes upon waking, then the memory disppears. I feel like I am missing out by not having more dreams. I often wonder if the opiates affect dreaming.
  9. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I pretty much ONLY get REM sleep....I can fall asleep for less than 10 minutes & have a dream (used to do this when hitting the snooze bar; now I rarely use the alarm, but this still happens if I do)

.....even without the alarm, I generally only sleep for 10 to 45 minutes at a time, waking to use the bathroom and then going back to sleep, and I always dream (or I should say have nightmares)

never feel rested