How many here have FMandMS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by daylight, May 1, 2006.

1. daylight

daylight New Member

I was just dx. with MS and am very scared . I knew when I was first dx. with FM more symptoms than just FM. Is it possible to have both FM and MS? Does anyone know? Cause I am very scared and very sick right now.

[This Message was Edited on 05/01/2006]
  2. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

When you say that you knew your symptoms were more than FM - what were they? Was this a gut feeling or did you have some systoms that did not match up right with Fibro?
  3. IlivetocantoronXena

IlivetocantoronXena New Member

Hi there, I am so sorry to hear you have MS. I do also I was very scared at first also. It is not a death sentence Dear,I did some got some consulting on it for about a Year it is very hard to accept. But please remember to fight it, There are various stages of MS Which on You have and how did they find out and did it take them a while to figure it out? There are meds out there for MS, I take interferon,it seems to help seeing I still horse back ride. In the summer warmer months it can get worse due to your body over heating. Remember to stay out of the sun and stay cool. There are things out there to help you keep your body heat down. Such as a cooler vest that stays cool for 2 hours,head bands and wrist bands with coolers in them, also I dod not know if you are male or female most likely you are female they also have boob coolers you slide right down into your cleavage. There is a wonderful book by Motel Williams called Climbing Higher it is awesome I read it in 4 hours and a I am slow reader. I not only have MS I have other illness' You can check out my profile and they are all there.

Should need you any help I am here for You!!!
    Hugs Michelle
  4. IlivetocantoronXena

MS has the same systoms of Fibro.
    Michelle
  5. daylight

daylight New Member

I have had vision problems since birth. Double vision,blind spots,gray spots. Tremors, numbness in legs,hands and feet. Hypothyroidism, Reynold syndrome,poor short term memory, anxiety,sick allot,back,knee,ankle,pain. Really weak on my right side I have trouble walking at times. Digestion trouble, hair loss, my nail(finger and toe ) spitting through the center,rashes, chills for no reason,and I can't handle heat. And my face is numb on the right side.
    At first I was think that I had a stroke but the doctors don't think that. I alway thought that I my be also Ms but I guess fear pushed it out of my mind.

I don't want to panic people with this post. Just because someone has FM doesn't mean that they will get anything else later.

6. daylight

daylight New Member

Thank you sooo much for posting . This is very scary. How long did it take you to cope. My husband still isen't excepting it yet.
  7. Edna

Edna New Member

daylight, I am so sorry to hear you were diagnosed with MS. I can't even imagine how scary that is.

This is my first time on this board. I just posted a note to FMs post of "I need honest advice.". Please both of you go read it.

MS is an autoimmune disease and people with it have been helped very much with the glyconutrients.

I'm not selling anything - only directing you to something that helped me with my CFS and FMS. I had it severely for over 10 years but because of the glyco's I lead a normal life now.

Good luck and hope my post helps you both. Edna
  8. IlivetocantoronXena

Daylight, I was reading another post about your eye sight. Do you have OPTIC NEURITIS? This is one of the first sings of MS, you will get it in one eye and then it will go away and then can come back in the other eye. I loss my total sight in my right eye for 10 weeks I was admitted to the hospital for 3 weeks with high dose's of sodermodal which is a steroid by IV (sorry about the spelling I know I have not spelled the med right it is pretty close) Last year I had it again in my left eye and doctor did nothing for it is went away in time. In my right eye I had 20?20 and now I have 60/20 so the sight did come back in some degree in my right eye. Left eye is ok 20/40. I am able to see but I can not make out eyes noses and mouths on people. PLEASE GO TO A neuro-ophthalmologist the specialize in the eye sight of an MS patient. As Your Nuro for a refferal it is very inportant and ask why you have not been admitted for mega dose's of IV steriods to take the swelling down in the optic neve
    Always,
    Michelle
  9. IlivetocantoronXena

It took him a long time to accept the fibro and RA.
    He has been wonderful to me about the MS.He accepted it right away!! almost 9 years to accept the others. For Me to accept the MS took about 1 year after consuling.
    One with MS have a very hard time with there body temps.
    Michelle
  10. daylight

daylight New Member

I have an appointment with an opthomalogist in two weeks. I was born partially sighted. I have 20/40 in my left eye and 20/280 in my right eye. The black floats started about a year ago and the grayness patches are in my right eye. I don't know much about MS and how it effects the eyes yet. Do you know of any good websites that could help me . And are there any support groups for MS?
  11. IlivetocantoronXena

Here is one i go to alot.
    here is a site that will help describle the syntoms of optic neurtis
    http://www.mult-sclerosis.org/opticneuritis.html

Here are a few MS surpports
    http://www.msaa.com/index.html
    http://www.msmeans.ca/
  12. IlivetocantoronXena

thanks so much Edna
    hugs
    Michelle
  13. tomcollins

tomcollins New Member

I have almost all of the symptoms of MS (in addition to the ones that are similar to FMS) and I am growing increasingly concerned.

I have a neuro appt. on Friday but the last MRI that I had in September 2005, there was an abnormality.

I'm concerned that I could have MS and even more concerned that no lesions will show up and that I could have to struggle on with these symptoms without a known cause.

So now it is a waiting game.
  14. IlivetocantoronXena

TomCollins,

I sure hope you do not have MS you have your whole life in front of you. If you have not shown an exerbation of MS like Optic Neuritis (One of the first symtoms) then you are right it is a waiting game. Did you have evoke testing?
    Sometimes it takes a while for the lesions to show up years. My advise to you is ask your doctor to watch you very closely. He should see you about every 6 weeks.
    Best of health to You,
    Michelle