How Many Husbands are Good at Saving Money?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Oct 21, 2006.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I am sitting here realizing my husband is never the one to save money. He has been taking over paying the bills for a couple of years but any time money is saved, it is only me who initiates it.

I have asked him before but I guess he just does not think about it. I have now decided to take over doing the bills again because I know I will make a effort to save.

It just makes me mad to see time go by and it does not even occur to him to save something.

Does anyone else have that problem???
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

It will be a burden for me, but I must do it if we are going to have any savings. It seems ridiculous but I am taking back paying all the bills, monitoring income and yes saving.

It makes me mad he could not ever even bring up the subject. He has handled it for 2 years. I don't understand the problem. He excellent at spending.

3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

the one thing i still can do is the bank accounts and bills . i just told him the other day if he took over we would be in the poor house. charlene
  4. janieb

janieb New Member

My husband of 43 years paid the bills for 6 months. For years he had been saying he couldn't understand where all the money was going.

Told him I would give him 1/2 of my net pay and he could pay the bills. He thought that would be great. At the end of the 6 months, he begged me to take it back.

He likes to spend money so much that there is no end to his wants and he believes he should have them fulfilled. I believe you pay the bills and if there's anything left, you can buy toys.

We now have separate checking accounts, but I have to keep checking his on the computer because he refuses to keep a register.

Thought it was just us.

janieb