how many insomnia sufferers here?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Do I like sunrises? Of course! Just not after I have stayed up all night. :( Another few hours and I will have been up 24 hours straight.

Not that it bothers me much. Quiet house... hours and hours of it... endless netspace to search... Sure would be great to shut down for a while though.

How many other night owls here?
    ((xxx)) Shannon
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

and I rarely sleep through the day.

Great fun, not.

love
    Rosie
  3. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

And my mom tells me I have always been this way. She says she use to get so frustrated with me because she'd think she had me down for the night and up I would pop, like a "Jack-in-the Box!" It is a miracle I graduated high school because I am sure I dozed my way through those twelve years of school.

The most frustrating thing of all is that I have tried all the suggestions, napping, not napping throughout the day with no betterment of the problem. I can be so tired I think I can't move a muscle but let me go get into bed and every part of me wakes up. I have tried biofeedback to try and "quiet my brain," white noise machines, getting up for awhile and going back to bed, yoga, you name it, I have tried it.

It is such a huge ordeal for me and has been all my life that I believe I sabatoge myself by dreading even attempting to sleep. I really envy my hubby who says all you have to do is go to bed, be still and sleep will come. Oh, how wonderful that must be!
  4. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

I'm just like Lurkernomore... I've had insomnia since I was a kid. I'd go to be and fall asleep by 9pm and it didn't matter where I was, but a few hours later I was wide awake.

I can remember my Mom and Dad at various times getting up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and seeing my bedroom light on... I'd be sitting in bed reading.

I still have a problem with it and I'm on 100 mg of Elavil. I fall asleep on the couch and then a few hours later I'm wide awake.

There have been times when I've gone to work after getting up at 2 or 3 in the morning. I'd sit and watch TV or read until it was time to get ready.

I've had two sleep studies and all they say is that I wake up a lot, but they don't know why. There is no physical cause of it like sleep apnea or anything like that.

I'm not exactly a night owl though... I peak between 10am and 2pm... after that or before that... it's risky to approach me... unless you have coffee.
    Hugs,
    Tigger
  5. Bambi

Bambi New Member

naps in grade school in the nurse's office. The worst was one five days straight of NO sleep. Now I sleep great with Trazadone. Like a miracle for me.
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

this is all i can say

jodie